PDA

View Full Version : Lake Cahuilla Surprise!!! Pic included.

GearHead
07-02-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL My 11 year old son who recently contracted fishingitis woke me up this morning at 5AM to go fishing but I was too tired to get up. Anyway, we decided to go in the late afternoon.

Got there about 5:30PM and it was about 114 degrees. After a few casts caught a decent size LMB with a drop shot rig but lost it at the shore and it roll back into the water. Anyway, very surprise to see good size LMB here at Lake Cahuilla so we were stoked and both started throwing drop shot rigs but no more takers until about 8PM when this monster showed up. Caught it on a Mepps Comet Mino. Did not have a scale but it is longer than the cooler lid we have which is 18". We washed it, took pictures and it went back without a hitch.
http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/ecartoys/CahuillaLMB.jpg

fishmounter
07-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Very nice bass! Yeah there are some really big ones in there. The water must be muddy or murky because that bass has no dark markings.

boxl0bster
07-03-2011, 12:57 AM
very cool, its a nice little lake to fish at if it wasnt so damn hot there all the time haha. try fishing near/along that jetty they have. should be some decent bass in there.

Bass-N-Fever
07-03-2011, 09:42 AM
wow didnt even think there was any bass in there. nice catch!!

Catsfordays
07-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Nice Fish!!!........I was fishing close by when he caught it.

GearHead
07-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Very nice bass! Yeah there are some really big ones in there. The water must be muddy or murky because that bass has no dark markings.

Thanks. Visibility is about 2 ft. The other LMB that got off at the shore is the same way. Clean light color with no dark markings. That lead me to think these LMBs are native or original to the lake as DFG does not stock LMB here.

It is a complete surprise to me as I only know of this lake for trout and cats. We were just out showing my son how to fish drop shot rig and other techniques to prepare for our upcoming trip to DVL. It was a very nice surprise and now my son can't wait to go to DVL.

Sublime-Steve
07-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Better stock up on those robo's for DVL :-)

P1M
07-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Thats a nice fish and thanks for the C&R. I fish there as offten as I can and have got some nice bass out of there.

GearHead
07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys. Say hi next time you guys see me and my son. Would like to put the username to face whenever I can.