PDA

View Full Version : castaic and pyramid skunk

fishingboysdad
07-02-2011, 05:00 PM
took my son fishing to pyramid first...just nibbles from little dink stripers.then headed to castaic..man there is no good place to shore fish right now...got a big skunk there too..oh welll...next time

dixoncider
07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Those fish at castaic can be time of day fish... I would guess at pyramid also..prob better to pick one and just stick with it for the day....

fishingboysdad
07-02-2011, 05:58 PM
yeah i we were at pyramid from 7 til 1 p.m...only nibbles..we stayed at castaic for 3 hours before my son got bored and we left

fish-o-haulic
07-02-2011, 08:11 PM
pyramid is a waiting game lake. You can get them but for one to commit from shore takes pateince. Where did you fish? I normally fish the channel and catch something, get something then it breaks off, or see a giant pop out the water.

fishingboysdad
07-02-2011, 11:57 PM
i fished by the rocks

dkinla
07-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Sorry to hear about the skunk. We fish from shore at pyramid once in a while along the rocks/in front of tackle shop.. And do ok on nightcrawlers usually. I think targeting bluegill or crappie near the floating docks there would be good on mealworms/small jigs. At castaic.. They recently stocked with trout.. And we did ok near the main launch ramp on small super duper/panther Martin and powerbait on a very short leader (3-4"). You can see them schooling or swimming by literally 2-4' in front of you.

Hope y'all catch something next time. At least u get to spend some time with your son. I enjoy taking my dad out now for some time along the banks.

fishingboysdad
07-04-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah we had fun at least..thats what it is all about right

Hitts0n
07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Use salted anchovies.Cut the head and tails off.If you use regualr anchovies cut the head and tails off and the the
sun dry them out.The use like #6 owner hooks.Or real sharp hooks.Dont use that eagle claw crap,or cheap hooks.
Its fun when the fish sets the hook for u....lol......Or...use inflated night crawlers with a white power egg,dipped
in a garlic scent.Light line works best for me also.Its only dink fish up front.I use 4 lb test.When I use a heavier line,I hardly get
any love.Unless you are fishing for huge fish.....

fishingboysdad
07-05-2011, 07:35 PM
thanks for the heads up guys