PDA

View Full Version : Corona afternoon session 7/1/11

catfish 17
07-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Went to corona today for the afternoon session with my brother and a buddy. Got in line around 3:30pm. Only 2 cars in front of us. Went in at exact 5pm and rented a motor boat. Went to the first spot, caught 1 cat and 1 small talapia there. Released the talapia. Also, the bad thing was that i forgot my net, so i had another fish on and my buddy tried to grab my line and bring the fish up and it snapped!:Sad:. Oh well, that woulda been the second cat of the day. After that, i got several more bites, but they wouldn't stick. After a couple hours in that spot we decide to move to the 2nd spot. I caught the 2nd cat there. Also missed about 2 of them in that spot too.. My brothers pole went slam!!! and it was bent, the bad thing was that he was laying down, and by the time he got up, the fish let go. My buddy didn't even get a single bite the whole day! My brother didn't catch no fish either but that only bite he had. I was the only one that got on the day. I don't know how sapdawg catches those cats line nothing!!? he tells us his spots, but for some of us they still don't work out the same as they do for him lol, hey man we need to get out there together so you could show me what's up... The total count was 2 cats and 1 talapia (released). I was bummed, but as i left i heard of mostly everyone not even catching a single fish. I guess i should feel better that i caught at least 2. Oh well, it was still cool and relaxing being out there. Oh, by the way, one of the cats that i caught was pretty big, i was thinking 4, 5 pounds? it had a big belly...

I'll probably be doing the 24 hour fishing next friday.:Big Grin:

Next Time!! :Cool: