PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the LATE post from 6/17..,. but I had to share

pineapple express
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Aloha fellow ><> peps,
Been a long time since I've post... I apologize. Been super busy and very limited computer time.
Since I finally found some time, here goes my latest adventure that I had to share with y'all.

Rec'd a call from my buddy Dan about 6pm Thur 6/17th and I'm just chilling from a hards days work.
He tells me..."Let's go !!!" I'm like..."go where?" There biting he tells me. When Dan calls it's serious
><> WSB business. This guys is a WSB killer. Last year he had 33 WSB to his credit. Some where HUGE !!!
Back in 2008 I caught my personal best 30 lb'er on his boat. So by 8pm we are on his boat and heading to the bait receiver in Newport. We quickly load up with 3 scoops of squid and head to his secret location that I'm sworn to keep under wraps. Sorry fellas, I'm usually pretty generous with info but not this time. Now it's about 11pm and we are all set up with 4 rods out. We used 5/0 circle hooks with 2 squirts C rigged with a
3-4 oz slidder. It's on the down side of the tide and about 12:30am Dan gets his first solid hook up. A nice 33lb'er. I hook a small leopard just a few minutes later. Our next hook up was at 3:30am and I'm up... It bit like a little sand bass. So I wait... I reel in the slack and I feel more tap tap. Soft bites. Then I feel a bigger tug and I reel in fast and the battle was on. Takes me around the boat which Dan had to jump to the bow as I couldn't go around the small rails on his boat. Comes around the other side and when Dan hands me the rod I knocked the reel into free spool...instint birds nest. Oh no !!! Dan buttons down the drag on the JX and tells me crank hard. Dan sank the gaff into my personal best again !!! 50" 42.7 lbs beast. 5am rolls around and we get our last hook up with a 27 lb'er just before we leave so we both can get to work. What a night it was... No sleep and smelling like fish...hahaha. Paid the price of being tired at work all day but I would do it all over again. Mahaloz fo the last minute trip Dan !!!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j310/pineapple76/june172011012.jpg

MikesOcean
07-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Great job pe!!

I did a secret spot a couple of days ago, with no sleep, and work the next day with only batrays to show for!!
My next day would have been a lot easier if i had something to show for.

Great job on the slay!!!

Wingnut
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Awesome catch... congrats! :Big Grin:

DockRat
07-02-2011, 06:19 AM
XLNT Job Pina Xpresso.
DR

Troutman65
07-02-2011, 07:48 AM
Nice going on your PB WSB !!! :Cool::Envious: Thanks for sharing . You eat it all already ?:LOL::Wink:

Spaulding
07-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Nice fish!

boojoo
07-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Very nice fish! Way to go!!

murrieta angler
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey Danny,
Long time no post Bro!
Congrats with the new PB WSB, that thing is sweet...:Big Grin:
Look slike I will be heading out with you guys on August 26th for the 2 1/2 day trip.
Thanks for the cool report,
Robert
<><

pineapple express
07-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Great job pe!!

I did a secret spot a couple of days ago, with no sleep, and work the next day with only batrays to show for!!
My next day would have been a lot easier if i had something to show for.

Great job on the slay!!!

Mahaloz mikesocean !!! I was a zombie at work and drank coffee like it was going out of style. I was soooo stoked...Was thinking when I get home, I still have to filet that beast...lol.

Awesome catch... congrats! :Big Grin:
Mahaloz Arthur...appreciate it.

XLNT Job Pina Xpresso.
DR
Mahaloz DR ...

Nice going on your PB WSB !!! :Cool::Envious: Thanks for sharing . You eat it all already ?:LOL::Wink:
Eh...howzit Patrick. Long time bruddah...Mahaloz. I shared my catch with a few and made a big batch of ceviche that following sat which was fathers day weekend. It was a big hit at the pot luck. I have a good size chunk left for some grilling.

Nice fish!
Mahaloz Spaulding !!!

Very nice fish! Way to go!!
Mahaloz boojoo !!!

Hey Danny,
Long time no post Bro!
Congrats with the new PB WSB, that thing is sweet...:Big Grin:
Look slike I will be heading out with you guys on August 26th for the 2 1/2 day trip.
Thanks for the cool report,
Robert
<><

Sooooweet Robert !!! Looking forward to sharing the rail with ya. Glad your on one of DavidE's charters. He be thee chartermaster of all masters getting these good people together to kill ><> BIG mahaloz brah !!!

JapanRon
07-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi pinapple express,

Congrats on the fishy !! On WSB trips .... coming home sleepless and tired is a common condition I understand. Oh, and sometimes even the joy of a WSB in the cooler !! :)

JapanRon

Native Gal
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
PE,
Congrats on the awesome PB WSB! Definitely thanks for sharing your night out, now that is an all nighter I would like to have.
How have you and PE Jr been? I miss his smiling photo ops. Good to see ya on the boards, been awhile.

Take care,
NG

pineapple express
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
PE,
Congrats on the awesome PB WSB! Definitely thanks for sharing your night out, now that is an all nighter I would like to have.
How have you and PE Jr been? I miss his smiling photo ops. Good to see ya on the boards, been awhile.

Take care,
NG

Aloha Native Gal
Jr and I have been doing great Thank You... We have been doing some LMB fishing and haven't been posting
much about our outtings. My fault totally. I will make an effort to post up more as Jr has been on fire lately.
Mahaloz for the kind words. Nice to hear from you as well... Hope all is well with you too.
PE

troutdog
07-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Nice going on the wsb Danny, you are hardcore!

TD

pineapple express
07-11-2011, 02:57 PM
Nice going on the wsb Danny, you are hardcore!

TD

Mahaloz Aaron... When we gonna hook up ><> for some soak time brah ? Been too long... hope all is well.

Hi pinapple express,

Congrats on the fishy !! On WSB trips .... coming home sleepless and tired is a common condition I understand. Oh, and sometimes even the joy of a WSB in the cooler !! :)

JapanRon

Eh JR ...Mahaloz. This will be a trip I will never forget. Looking forward to more sleepless nights ><>...lol