PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Catfishing 6-27-11

boxl0bster
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Had some state park passes that i needed to use before they expired and decided to give silverwood a try. Fished cleghorn up and down that little bike path thats there. used night crawlers and chicken livers. fished from 3-8pm ended up with a :Skunk:the water looked stained with lots of moss in the areas i fished, also it was pretty windy which just made things worse, couldnt tell if i had any missed bites or not.

picked up about 2 grocery bags full of trash before i headed out. got me about $2.50 in cans and bottles LOL.

thanks for reading :Cool:

seal
07-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Had some state park passes that i needed to use before they expired and decided to give silverwood a try. Fished cleghorn up and down that little bike path thats there. used night crawlers and chicken livers. fished from 3-8pm ended up with a :Skunk:the water looked stained with lots of moss in the areas i fished, also it was pretty windy which just made things worse, couldnt tell if i had any missed bites or not.

picked up about 2 grocery bags full of trash before i headed out. got me about $2.50 in cans and bottles LOL.

thanks for reading :Cool:

Yup water is pretty pea soup and the bite has changed. But I will say topwater is here......

TheAsianGuy
07-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the info. Good to know that the water grass took over the area. It's going to be a while before the bites will pick up again, unless you throw a skunk into the water to attract the cats.

kingfish2
07-02-2011, 05:14 PM
I fished the wood from around 9(took us over an hour to get in with inspection.) Got the skunk as well water Is nasty stained all around. Threw top water threw my whole damn tackle box at the lake today. To many damn people on jet skis that don't know how to drive them. I think it's a game they play " get as close to the fisherman as you can" rough day today

boxl0bster
07-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info. Good to know that the water grass took over the area. It's going to be a while before the bites will pick up again, unless you throw a skunk into the water to attract the cats.

no problem! guess i wont be back for awhile, i was thinking about camping there for a few days.

I fished the wood from around 9(took us over an hour to get in with inspection.) Got the skunk as well water Is nasty stained all around. Threw top water threw my whole damn tackle box at the lake today. To many damn people on jet skis that don't know how to drive them. I think it's a game they play " get as close to the fisherman as you can" rough day today

damn lake lice. was going to go to castaic today until i thought about all the jet skis etc...

drifter023
07-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Was there yesterday tried for cats but got Nada. Moss not bad in outhouse but still no fish.

NinerRob
07-03-2011, 04:59 PM
I went to Silverwood on Friday by myself. Fished from the shore off lot 2. Caught this one with a worm.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5074/5897789114_8722f82c1d.jpg

About 3 weeks back my brother caught one at cleghorn w a rat-L-trap.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5275/5897793188_8eb818e7bf.jpg

My dad caught a big one on the same day using a rapala.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/5897230219_f2795f87f7.jpg

I also caught this bass using a worm. Threw it back of course.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5305/5899400596_033f05b031.jpg

Does anyone know if the striper and panfish are showing up at cedar dam yet? Ive never fished up on the north part of the lake but my brother and I are planning on it. Are there any good shore spots by way of the cedar dam parking lot?

Perris Bluegill Chaser
07-03-2011, 06:59 PM
no problem! guess i wont be back for awhile, i was thinking about camping there for a few days.

damn lake lice. was going to go to castaic today until i thought about all the jet skis etc...

i love to fish and jet ski. does that make me a lake lice lol

drifter023
07-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes if you are one of the stupid ones that runs in the NOWAKE zones with a huge wake. No if you do not do that.....:Big Grin:

drifter023
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
niner that last one you caught was not a bass but a sculpin they have alot of those in silverwood.

NinerRob
07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
I never knew sculpin lived in freshwater. I've caught a bunch off Newport pier, but they were bright red. Good to know I guess. I'll be there on Saturday, looking for trout and bluegill.

Cameron
07-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Ahhh ye old sculpin the worm thief of many o lake.