PDA

View Full Version : Final Score: GVL-0, Jenks 50+

phishin phool
07-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Hit up gvl this morning and fished from 6-9:30 and got the :Skunk:. I saw only one fish landed. But they hadn't been stocked yet and are gonne be gettin a big load today so it should be good sat or even better sun & mon. I took my tube with me just in case it was bad at gvl and planned to try Jenks after. I got to Jenks around 11 and fished from 11:30 to 2:30 and caught around 50 plus some small bass. :Flamethrower: At one point I caught a fish on every cast for over an hr.:EyePop: I used orange & red power worms, lip ripper jigs and a silver panther martin, but the red pw was by far the best producer. Should be real good this weekend after the stock(yesterday) but very crowded with free fishing day tomorrow, holiday, and all the camps in full swing up there. Peace.:Beer Toast:

Kelster
07-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Way to go with those PWs. Jenks is a nice little lake. You really did want to catch fish if you went from one side of the mountain to the other LOL. I was thinking Jenks tomorrow but I'm staying local at be at Periis tomorrow morning on my tube.

phishin phool
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah Kel, I needed to catch some fish!!! I think I'm gonna give myself a time out at gvl for awhile, just not worth it till they start bitin more consistant And Mr Sun gave me a beating today, anybody heading anywhere this weekend........ Bring sunblock and water!!!! Good luck tomorrow. ttyl.
Way to go with those PWs. Jenks is a nice little lake. You really did want to catch fish if you went from one side of the mountain to the other LOL. I was thinking Jenks tomorrow but I'm staying local at be at Periis tomorrow morning on my tube.

flocktothewall
07-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I float tubed Jenks tuesday, trout were near non existent. The lake host talked to us for a good while said it was like that for him as well. We moved over to the lillies ad grass areas and dry fly fished for the small bass. They were taking almost every drop on a cricket fly, it was fun, not very big, but I'd rather catch a ton of little fish than get skunked trying for a holdover.

I M Hooked
07-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I was out there with you yesterday. You told me how you were gettin em on the split shot, and you were right! I was watching you get on on every cast. I was in the orange tube. I thought you were catching mostly trout though. Either way great job. I only caught around 10 fish yesterday.

phishin phool
07-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Hooked- Cool, nice to meet and see another fnn'er out there. As I was leaving I swung over to the weedy area on the south side and caught about 8-10 little bass on a natural color power worm. All the rest were the usual pansized trout. Was alot of fun but I wish I used some sunblock tho.....Ouch!! Maybe we'll meet out there again.

I was out there with you yesterday. You told me how you were gettin em on the split shot, and you were right! I was watching you get on on every cast. I was in the orange tube. I thought you were catching mostly trout though. Either way great job. I only caught around 10 fish yesterday.

phishin phool
07-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Its always best the week of and the week after stocking, and they only stock every three to four weeks. Yeah those little bass are fun and I totally agree with ya on catching the little guys, Jenks is a heck of a better deal than other places, but the fish are small, but you can catch a bunch.
I float tubed Jenks tuesday, trout were near non existent. The lake host talked to us for a good while said it was like that for him as well. We moved over to the lillies ad grass areas and dry fly fished for the small bass. They were taking almost every drop on a cricket fly, it was fun, not very big, but I'd rather catch a ton of little fish than get skunked trying for a holdover.

Kelster
07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
phisin phool knows how to work that split shot, if he says 50 it was probably 60. I have seen him at work and he loses count easily. I had water and sun block at Perris and still got fried. I will post the results.