PDA

View Full Version : Bassin at the Vine 6_30

karalm
07-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Well, got to the lake at 5am and first in line!! Got on the water by 6:10 and water temps today ranged from 71-78 with clarity at an easy 8-10' over most of the lake. Made a little stop near the boat dock with a couple of cast and then headed to the flats and trees. Made a 2nd cast of the day into 10-15' of water and hooked the fist of 4 bass at 2lbs 13ozs. great fight and in the next hour slammed three more home at 1.25- to 1.75 lbs a piece. After that worked several places all over and no go as a light breeze came up and the Vine warmed up. Looked for crappie also and found lots but no go until late in the day on a troll and hook one but came off - those crazy papermouths!
Anyway, enjoyed the morning bite and see the pics of the two largest, I could not get the 2-13 one in the frame by holding it - too long.:LOL:

bassmeister
07-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Nice fish.

whopperstopper
07-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Nice job karalm.. nice and hot i bet .. so what u get em on....did U try bass/trout island... there's alot in that grass/weeds around the island... have you been to DvL yet?

karalm
07-02-2011, 06:58 AM
Whopper,
Bass/Trout Island was the first stop but the water is down and I only threw a few casts. Got em on green pumpkin brush hog and yes it was hot in the afternoon but there was a breeze.
No DVL as no boat and a little far but have been thinking about using a guide and going there maybe.