PDA

View Full Version : Share a boat?

TheMightyGerbil
07-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey kids! Would anyone here be interested in sharing a boat rental with for some nighttime cat fishing this month? I'm a 'lass' but haven't any issue sharing with the lads so long as they treat ladies with some respect. :p I am primarly a trout angler and haven't gone after kitties in ten years, quite inexperenced here. Ergo I'd like to go along with a pro (or two, or three) to learn some mad skills before I go solo next time. I know old-time mariners considered it back luck to have a woman on their boat but hey, I can curse and chug a beer as well as any male..and since I always outfished the men around me at LNL in winter I may not be bad luck after all. ;p

atleasticaughtabuzz
07-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Hey kids! Would anyone here be interested in sharing a boat rental with for some nighttime cat fishing this month? I'm a 'lass' but haven't any issue sharing with the lads so long as they treat ladies with some respect. :p I am primarly a trout angler and haven't gone after kitties in ten years, quite inexperenced here. Ergo I'd like to go along with a pro (or two, or three) to learn some mad skills before I go solo next time. I know old-time mariners considered it back luck to have a woman on their boat but hey, I can curse and chug a beer as well as any male..and since I always outfished the men around me at LNL in winter I may not be bad luck after all. ;p

id be down to share a boat, catch some kittys, n pound some brews.....however im far from a kitty pro, especially at Irvine haha. In that sense i guess you and i have the same goal lmao. the blind leading the blind.

TheMightyGerbil
07-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Maybe we should go for it, if we fail we'll fail IN STYLE! Misery loves company. ;p I'd like to do a 6-midnight session in a few weeks. Do you at least know how to drive a motorboat? LOL

lifewith714
07-01-2011, 11:48 AM
id be down to share a boat, catch some kittys, n pound some brews.....however im far from a kitty pro, especially at Irvine haha. In that sense i guess you and i have the same goal lmao. the blind leading the blind.

blind leading the blind... CLASSIC! I've always catch catfish. The bait and wait works while drinking but I love the bass more! I've always thought huge chunk of cut bait works best. Anyone second that ideal?

Fysher
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Like lifewith714 said, suggest flylining a big chunk of mackerel, sardine, chicken liver or shrimp. To improve your chance, use scent like hogwild, that stuff works great but smells horrible. Good luck out there. Oh yeah, if you don't get bit within an hour (night time fishing) then move, catfish love covers, so fish around submerge trees/bushes, plants, and try to find dips (deep areas) in lakes, they will usually hold some kitties in there. Hope that helps.

atleasticaughtabuzz
07-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Maybe we should go for it, if we fail we'll fail IN STYLE! Misery loves company. ;p I'd like to do a 6-midnight session in a few weeks. Do you at least know how to drive a motorboat? LOL

HAHA im down! PM me. n yes i know how to drive a motorboat lmao...the more beer i have the better i drive! lmao! jk ...kinda... :D

TheMightyGerbil
07-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Anyone know of a good flyline demo image online? Not familiar with it.

5150fishn
07-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Generally flylining refers to fishing without any weight. Baited hook only.

Psycho_fish'r
07-01-2011, 02:42 PM
like 5150 said, flylining is using bait without any weights and letting it fall and drift naturally with the current. With chunks of bait, it should be easy to cast.

I haven't fished Irvine in over a decade or so. I've been fishing mostly in Long Beach harbor. I have a small boat I fish on with my 10 year old daughter. If you can get us into Disneyland, I'll take you out on my boat at Irvine for a night time catfishing session.