PDA

View Full Version : Isabella crappie and catfish and trout

Fishin Magician
07-01-2011, 06:53 AM
The crappie and catfish bite at Isabella continues to be good. I took my son and one of his friends out yesterday. We were fishing in the trees in the south fork. This was a quick trip as I had to be back in town to guide a white water rafting trip at noon. We fished from 7:30 till 10 in the morning. We fished from tree to tree till we finally found some good biters. We ended up with about a dozen crappie all about a pound. The catfish were also on the chew and we caught about a dozen mixed channel cats and blues also on the jigs up to about 3lbs. My sons friend Dustin had the best fight when he caught a big carp that went well over 5lbs. Took him around the boat several times and took over 10 minutes to land on the 4lb setup he was using. Any one who bow fishes would do great right now as the carp are thick in the trees and easy targets.
Trout fishing near the mouth of the river is excelent. Probably 10 boats were anchored here and all reports I am getting is limits are easy with fish up to 5lbs common.
Tight Lines,
FM
Here is a picture of dustin with his carp. I think the smile says it all.
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/93c5edc9.jpg

tracker16
07-01-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks for the report heading up tonight fishing saturday and sunday, how has the wend been up there
tight lines

Fishin Magician
07-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the report heading up tonight fishing saturday and sunday, how has the wend been up there
tight lines
No wind forcast for this weekend but going to be hot, close to 100.

Beeracuda211
07-02-2011, 06:34 AM
Looks like Carpholio is going to return soon for Part 3 lol