PDA

View Full Version : Troutin' at the Vine

Mike274
06-30-2011, 03:29 AM
I have fished Irvine for trout several times but never this late in the season. I have couple of buddies that want to catch some trout this weekend. Is the Troutin' any good there right now? We would be still fishing from a pontoon.

Never fished for the panfish here. Any pointers as to locations and hardware i.e. baits, lures etc for these little tasty fish.

Thanks in advance for the info

hooks
06-30-2011, 09:09 AM
You're just a little bit late for trout. The water temp. was up to 80* last Friday. That's hot enough to cook trout. There are fish still in there but you're chances of getting any of them is between slim and none.
The trout season in So. Cal. is pretty much over, bring on the kitties and bluefin....
tight lines...

See Chris Fish
06-30-2011, 11:45 AM
I saw trout being caught last weekend, 6/25. They're really deep, but you can find them.
Crappie bite is going off. We used the Berkeley power minnows, 1 & 2 inch size. Drifting was the way to go for them.
Bass is doing good too. I got one trolling!
Catfish bite is great, but you have to wait till night time for the bite.

If it has gills, I'm happy.
Good luck.

troutdog
06-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Was looking at the Irvine site and noticed some nice bows were caught trolling, using leadcore at 6 colors in the middle of the lake if you have that kinda gear would seem like a good idea. If baiting down (as previously mentioned) fish the deepest water you can anchor up in and give it a shot!

If that bite doesn't materialize, try to anchor up within casting distance of the trees back in the flats and throw something similar to what is pictured in this link
http://www.barlowstackle.com/Crappie-and-Panfish-Fishing-Lures-C250.aspx?gclid=CO7fl-i936kCFcgZQgodkXu8Wg

Soak some worms or mack with one rod and throw jigs with the other rod and you are bound to hook up on sumthin! Good luck and post up your results if you get the chance.

I saw trout being caught last weekend, 6/25. They're really deep, but you can find them.
Crappie bite is going off. We used the Berkeley power minnows, 1 & 2 inch size. Drifting was the way to go for them.
Bass is doing good too. I got one trolling!
Catfish bite is great, but you have to wait till night time for the bite.

If it has gills, I'm happy.
Good luck.

Nice lil report Chris, thanks for the 411 brotha...see you Sat?

TD

Kelster
07-01-2011, 12:45 PM
If you were willing to drive Big Bear is an option for Trout. Rent a Pontoon and troll the triangle and head over to the dam. Good luck wherever you go.