PDA

View Full Version : swilveling rod holders

Frequent Flyer
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
does anyone know wer i can get rod holders for my tube that swivel? i tried to the bass pro ones and they dont swivel. id lik to hav one swiveling so i can get a rod out of the way if i need to and the othr stationary. thanks

kirkboat
06-29-2011, 07:44 PM
i got mine at bass pro and they swivel...did you check in the fly shop? kirk

vanillagurilla
06-29-2011, 07:52 PM
swivel? thats bad news waiting to happen

kirkboat
06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
looks like caddis has one also...item # 418005....kirk

fishtales
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Scotty also has one but when you say swivel, with the Scotty you have to take it out of the holder and set it to another position.

evosamurai
06-29-2011, 10:05 PM
my friend Eaton Twots uses the scotty rod holders and says they work good

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-29-2011, 10:30 PM
HEY RONNIE....uhh your rod holders swivel..... :D

TheAsianGuy
06-30-2011, 12:26 PM
HEY RONNIE....uhh your rod holders swivel..... :D

AND..they don't cost $20+..Just $3.. :LOL: However the entire holder was designed to out hold the rods' strength, anywhere between 150 to 400# per square inch. BEAT THAT SCOTTY PRODUCT! :LOL:

evosamurai
06-30-2011, 05:02 PM
yeah i gotta modify them cause i use baitcasters and they dont fit in the holders well easy fix

TheAsianGuy
06-30-2011, 05:09 PM
Did you managed to turn the 1.5" tube upside down for the baitcaster using the pipe wrenches? Let me know if you don't have the tools for it. I'll help you out. To make any more modification to the pipe, you have to use the dremel tool and adapters. If your rod handle is too long and large, we may have to increase the pipe internal diameter up to 2". That's pretty freaking large! You might as well reserve the rod for ocean fishing for large games.

evosamurai
06-30-2011, 06:05 PM
lol no didnt know u can flip it upside down, my poles fit fine but it was notched for spinners my spinner sat in it nicely ill have to look at it

evosamurai
06-30-2011, 06:07 PM
my friend Hugh Jassole likes the setup of the rod holders, i had a little problem in the morning with them sliding down almost under water, i just added some air and gave the straps a good crank and it was fine the rest of the day, i also had sea tow pull me back in cause it was to rough, i got pulled out into the boating lanes lol

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-30-2011, 06:27 PM
my friend Hugh Jassole likes the setup of the rod holders, i had a little problem in the morning with them sliding down almost under water, i just added some air and gave the straps a good crank and it was fine the rest of the day, i also had sea tow pull me back in cause it was to rough, i got pulled out into the boating lanes lol

LMAO! yeah this pansy thought he was a monster and decided to stay out when i headed in. then CHEATED!!!!!!! and had a female yaker (not to mention any relationship titles) pull him back into shore. lolol

TheAsianGuy
06-30-2011, 06:31 PM
LMAO! yeah this pansy thought he was a monster and decided to stay out when i headed in. then CHEATED!!!!!!! and had a female yaker (not to mention any relationship titles) pull him back into shore. lolol

Ohh..you guys crack me up. That's why a good anchor is good for your sanity. Trust me, anyone can say anything about the anchor is not needed. My years of fighting the wind in the gears, it's not worth the insanity and efforts to keep yourself station using only your own power. Every now and then, a good help from a 3.5lbs grappling anchor is a good thing.

evosamurai
06-30-2011, 06:32 PM
actually she was guiding me i was kinda pushing her, her oars are no bueno i gotta get her some good ones