PDA

View Full Version : Lost dog at Pyramid lake

SDDave
06-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Has anyone lost a female pit bull while at Pyramid? for the last couple of weeks while leaving I've seen this dog by the on ramp to south 5 at Smokey Bear rd, it looks in good shape, i've tried to aproach it but she runs off, worst case is someone dumped her.
I know this has nothing to do with fishing but had to post it somewhere.
If anyone knows, get a hold of me and I can point out the location.

christainmetalhead909
06-29-2011, 03:53 PM
i bet some one did dump her. pieces of */?#. poor puppy

SDDave
06-29-2011, 05:14 PM
I feel bad everytime I think of her out there by herself!
I called animal controll but didn't feel like the guy was going to do anything, just said they'd do a drive by.

pyramidrose
06-30-2011, 09:48 PM
She 's been out here for about 6 weeks. A few of the Sheriffs, some of us and I'm pretty sure the hot dog guy has been feeding her. Many including myself have tried to catch her but no luck. She seems to be waiting for the piece of s##t that dumped her to return. I believe someone has a trap out there but she's pretty smart.

SDDave
07-01-2011, 08:48 AM
I figure i wasn't the only one that new of her and though the hotdog guy must be giving her treats.
It tears me apart every time I see her the piece of crap that dumped her should suffer a worse!!!
I called animal control but I don't see them catching her, it would take a dart gun but they'd never get close enough.
O well I'll bring food and water tomorrow.

christainmetalhead909
07-01-2011, 11:02 AM
i would almost rather see her out there then have animal control come pick her up if its a pitt they are almost destined to die now it days wich is sad. but i understand you dont want a wildish dog running around the lake. its sad that pitts gget such a bad rap i have 2 pitts one fullblood one half and they are the best dogs i have ever had they get along great with every one and kids one i dont trust around oter dogs but besides that he has been the best dog ever. i resued both of my dogs also!

jayman
07-01-2011, 12:06 PM
If anyone can catch her, I'd recommend looking into a pit bull rescue or a no kill shelter. It sounds like a good dog, and I'd hate to see it euthanized. Hopefully it ran away and wasn't dumped. Wish people out there would put tags on their dogs and take care of them.

bassmeister
07-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Call Shortywood, He'll know what to do.

DarkShadow
07-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Hopefully it ran away and wasn't dumped. Wish people out there would put tags on their dogs and take care of them.

i dunno man, considering there are some people that don't take care of their own KIDS, my hopes aren't too high with the same type of people taking care of an animal.

i have a situation in my neighborhood where one of the wonderful home owners was evicted, and they left behind a mommy dog with a brood of her puppies.

they literally just left them there to fend for themselves.

now i'm trying to find homes for these guys and it's nearly impossible to do so. with how cash strapped the city is, animal enforcement will do very little.

it's a sad situation where people think getting a pet requires no responsibility. it kills me to see animals that have to rely on moronic humans for survival.

i hope all turns well for that poor dog. if i didn't already have 2 rescues that are eating me out of a pay check, i'd pick it up.

and IF the person really did abandon them? i hope you get a bunch of camel fleas on your privates and never get them out.

basscat
07-01-2011, 08:14 PM
There was some Yahoo headline article about many years ago, think 1940's and 1950's, that pits were once known as "nanny dogs". They had pictures of the pits posing with their human parent's babies!! I forget the name of TV's Spanky's dog, but that was also a pit or a pit mix, I want to say the name was "Spot"?

So somehow over the years, the poor pit got into its real bad rap and reputation.

Yet, Cesar M's own main dogs were pits and trying to booster its image for years.

It boils down to the stupid arse owners, who have to shelter their own little boyhood dee-dee to get an aggressive pit.

SDDave
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
We've tried to approach twice and she runs off, she's in very good shape and but who knows how long she can last, her best shot is if animal control can get her, they do try to find placement for all dogs, I looked up Shorty from Pit bosses but I'll have to email them, there's no phone number due to the shows popularity
Going tomorrow to take my daughter and boyfriend for the dfg's no licence needed day so I'll bring more food and water for her.
I was always hoping that she was lost and someone would read this and make it a happy ending!

Darius
07-09-2011, 11:27 PM
It's good to know we have some kind heart anglers on here. How about some Mc Doubles and wait and wait. So is this dog by the lake? Or off a lonely I 5 exit?

pyramidrose
07-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Animal control did trap her. One of our sheriffs gave them her number to call her if they don't find a home for her and she said she'd take her. Hopefully it all works out.

SDDave
07-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Good deal, thank you for the update, I hope all works out for the dog, I wish the piece of crap who dumped her a life of crap!

Darius
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
I hope so too^ sometimes in life what goes around comes around. i hate to wish death upon anyone but an exemption to evil people.

SDDave
07-10-2011, 04:29 PM
It's good to know we have some kind heart anglers on here. How about some Mc Doubles and wait and wait. So is this dog by the lake? Or off a lonely I 5 exit?
It was dumped off the freeway, we saw a couple 3 weeks ago leaving the lake, as we were driving up the southbound on ramp to the I 5 at smokeybear rd.
The dog was allready known to the lake staff and sherriffs
There was food and water being left for the dog by those, we had noticed that she was in very good condit

smokehound
07-10-2011, 06:01 PM
The intense fear the dog shows is a major sign the dog was abused. Poor thing.. Breaks my heart to see people abusing animals... But to just dump a pitbull in the middle of nowhere really takes the cake...

Pits are one of my fav dogs after labs, the demonization they've received is totally unfair!

Darius
07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I would love to put a hit on those people who left that dog on the side of the road. I cannot begin to think/ comprehend about their thought process to abandon an animal like that. Atleast give it a chance at the shelter. fckn fckn fckn pisses me off i want to break my key board when I read shiit like this againnnn. ffuck them good!