PDA

View Full Version : To row or not to row??

LGHT
06-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Somewhat new to freshwater fishing and considering getting a tube to both fish and free dive from. I would mainly use the tube to fish in local lakes, but want to also get out in the NB Harbor from time to time and maybe even do some spearfishing at cat. I tried out the outcast prowler and I like it, but kicking was a pan as you can't use your entire leg to generate a lot of power. I'm not sure if I will need to go upwind after a long day of fishing and as a result i'm considering a tube that also has oars on it as a backup plan.

What do you guys think?? Is it possible to fin all day and then back to your launch point upwind?

.:LOLLY:.
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Depending on where you are, you can use the tides to your advantage if you time them right.

TheAsianGuy
06-30-2011, 05:12 PM
Fin kicks in a tube in a harbor? Wow..you got some guts! I tried that a few times, and gave up. Timing the hours to sneak in without the wind, plus finding the perfect time between tides, all I can say is, "You better be a harbor master with at least 5 years experience". Otherwise, kayak with the Evolution peddles, or trolling motor. No escaping it.