PDA

View Full Version : Isabella Grand slam

Fishin Magician
06-29-2011, 07:08 AM
After not fishing for a few days, and having several requests for fresh info, my son and I hit the lake. Started out in the south fork fishing the trees near rabbit island (Hanning flat) for the crappie. Wind was blowing already at 7am. Made for a tough time holding position and rough fishing. trolling motor was constantly coming out of the water making more noise than holding our spot. catfish were on the chew and first 4 fish on the jigs were all cats. one fish was so big I couldn't stop him as he ran for the trees. I had to palm my spool to keep him out of the tree and he broke the 4lb with ease. Ended up landing 5 cats between 1 and 3 lbs. It was an even mix between blues and channels. Couldn't find the right tree for the crappie and only managed 3.
The wife called and wanted her and my daughter to join us. We headed back to the marina to pick them up. I then decided to give the trout a try in the river channel near the old cemetary. talking to other boats there, I should have came earlier. Most were catching their limit and heading back. Trolled for an hour and caught one nice trout at about a pound and a half and two Squaw fish, one going between 5-8lbs. Debris in the water made it tough to troll and we were constantly having to reel in and clean our lures off. Going back out tomorrow morning and will give an update.
Tight Lines,
FM
Here is the big Squaw fish
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/174d3347.jpg

TROUT MASTERS
06-29-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the report.
Do you eat those things ?
I use use to catch and kill them,one time guy from the tackle store told me
they eat everything in the river,

City Dad
06-29-2011, 07:47 AM
That is AWESOME!

Fishin Magician
06-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the report.
Do you eat those things ?
I use use to catch and kill them,one time guy from the tackle store told me
they eat everything in the river,
No I don't eat them. I look at them as a river carp. Worst part is for the first few seconds your sure you have the trout of a lifetime. They are bad for the trout so we remove them whenever possible.

tracker16
06-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the report, I will be up this Friday and staying till Monday. We will try for trout in the morning in the Northfork channel and crappie in the trees, Im guessing the lake is still rising Its higher every time I go up there.

Beeracuda211
06-29-2011, 05:03 PM
Lake Record Squawfish... lol thats the biggest one i've ever seen....

TheAsianGuy
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice catch. I don't think I even know how to start eating those thing..even if they may be considered as lake's carp like fishes. First time for everything if I manage to land one :LOL:

Fishin Magician
06-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Lake Record Squawfish... lol thats the biggest one i've ever seen....
Got him hanging from a tree right now. I thought I would make you some jerky.