PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood Fishing Spots by the Dam

ianone9
06-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Any good trails leading down to fish by the Silerwood Dam?

Viejo
06-27-2011, 09:20 PM
You can drive almost to the dam. Plenty of space to sit and fish.

Karyn
06-27-2011, 10:20 PM
You can drive almost to the dam. Plenty of space to sit and fish.

To get to the back side of the damn, do you go through the front gates or is there a trail near the back side of the lake? I have done many trails up there, but have never explored the back side of the lake. The last time I was on the back side the roads were flooded. Thanks in advance for the info.

evosamurai
06-27-2011, 10:43 PM
turn on highway 173 that will lead you up to the dam and there is a parking area, u then can fish the dam or walk along it to fish wherever u like there, also u dont have to pay the 10 bucks

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-28-2011, 04:33 AM
turn on highway 173 that will lead you up to the dam and there is a parking area, u then can fish the dam or walk along it to fish wherever u like there, also u dont have to pay the 10 bucks

after i left on saturday i tried going down the 173 just out of curiosity n i couldnt find it. i saw the damn but couldnt figure out how to get there.

Viejo
06-28-2011, 05:51 AM
Were you buzzed when you looked for it?:Big Grin: It's by the Los Flores Ranch entrance. Paved road off of 173. If you Google it, you will see where you missed it.

Nessie Hunter
06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
173 and then just 'EAST of the Dam' you will see a Paved road (think it has some Signs and a chain gate thats open)???? Hard to see, so go slow once you pass the dam...
Take that to top and park.. Or dirt road goes off to left that can take you a ways without 4x4 if its in decent shape????

BTW, summer time and night time party jerks can get sketchy there at times. Use caution or take a friend??.
Dont leave any thing of value in the car if it will be out of sight... Lot of break ins at times...

seal
06-28-2011, 08:26 AM
The back road is not in great shape this year from rains and runoff but I had no problems last Friday in my 2wd Nissan, seemed like they filled at least a couple of the worse ruts and holes.

I'm with Nessie I won't park at the dam after hours and when driving back behind the lake on the dirt road I always take out my extra fishing stuff that's in my shell before going, although the area I park I make sure I can see my truck when on a night mission.