PDA

View Full Version : Green Valley Lake on 06/25/11

RiversideTrout77
06-26-2011, 09:39 PM
My brother and I hit up gvl on Sat. for some trout. I ended up with 5 crappie and 2 bass. My brother ended up with 2 trout 1 bass and 2 crappie. The trout that my brother caught were around 1.5lbs. Fishing was very slow today, did not see very many fish being caught. We did see a guy catch a nice size trout, It weighed in at 8pounds 8oz. The guy said he was using a night crawler fished on the bottom. We started the morning fishing across from the boat rentals then worked our way around the lake. All fish were caught and released. My brother used power worms and I was using Trout King worms. Colors were Red, Chartreuse, White, Orange, Pink and Yellow. This is our 3rd time up here this year and the fishing has been very slow. Just wondering anybody else having better luck at GVL.
No pics of our fish, nothing worth getting the phone/camera out for. We did see a bald eagle flying around and swoop down and grab a fish from the lake. Nice site to see.

Frequent Flyer
06-27-2011, 09:08 PM
good job. everyone that ive talkd to says its been slow with nothin size-wise on artificials. a few big ones have come out on bait though

vortec_cruiser
06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
How were you fishing the trout worms?
Nice variety of fish.

Rot8
06-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Riverside;

I have been up there three times and fishing has been disappointing. Caught some mini-size trout that could hardly bend the pole. Then I have seen the big ones caught but there is nothing in between. You might get lucky to get a 4+ lber but will add four 6-inchers in between. I wish there was more consistentcy with the size of the fish. As it stands, it is not worth the long drive up there for that kind of action. Gas too expensive. Good luck though if you go...tightlines,

Rot8

RiversideTrout77
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah the the first two trips the people that were catching fish were using bait but nothing of size.

RiversideTrout77
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
VC
I was Drop shotting the worms. I think im going to have to take some lures, maybe some TB, kastmasters or some z-spoons.

Rot8
Your right nothing consistent, were going to give it one more try this weekend and see what happens. Wish me luck fellas.

phishin phool
06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
What up RT, I thought I saw you and your brother bouncin worms on the point but I wasn't sure, so I didn't shout out to ya.
Rot8 said it perfect, and as my posts have said, for what I've seen the fishing has been pretty poor this year, alot of small dinks with a few biguns mixed in so they can put them up on the website. It is a joke compared to the fish they used to put in there, it seems to me that the last two years it has changed alot, I remember when the average fish I caught there was around 1.5-2lbs, now its about 8". Which really bums me out cuz GVL has been my summer spot for a long time. I think it has something to do with Jess ranch too cuz when I have fished there it is about the same, alot of dinks and a few decent ones. I'm gonna give it another try and see how it goes too, probably on fri. Honestly its not worth the $$$ if they are gonna be putin in mainly undersized dinks, there are other places you can get some good action for alot less $$.

RiversideTrout77
06-28-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey phisin phool how you doing, That was me and my brother bouncing the worms. I'm hoping to get into some better size fish since they are going to be stocking calaveras this week instead of the jess ranch. I'll keep an eye out and say what sup on Fri, good luck.

phishin phool
06-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Yeah I hope they put in better overall size fish. Calaveras might just do the trick!! And I'll be lookin for ya on fri. I might just go tube jenks instead, we'll see.
Hey phisin phool how you doing, That was me and my brother bouncing the worms. I'm hoping to get into some better size fish since they are going to be stocking calaveras this week instead of the jess ranch. I'll keep an eye out and say what sup on Fri, good luck.