PDA

View Full Version : Toms Place-Cabins: Looking for reviews

peterl
06-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi All,

Looking to head to the Eastern Sierras in late July/early August. Thinking of staying at Toms Place in one of their cabins. It will be my wife and 3 kids.

Looking to get some reviews of folks who have stayed there? Reviews on-line are either great, or horrible.

Thanks

Pete

MexicanPistachio
06-27-2011, 02:25 PM
I'm eating at toms as I write this. The cabins are seen better days. I stayed here last year and said never again. The food is great and the people are friendly but the cabins are not for me.

peterl
06-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Anyone know of any decent cabins in the Eastern Sierras (prefer not in mammoth) for 7 people that are around $100-$150/night?

I'm eating at toms as I write this. The cabins are seen better days. I stayed here last year and said never again. The food is great and the people are friendly but the cabins are not for me.

Scotto
06-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Try Doc & Al's outside of Bridgeport if you want to drive that far.

peterl
06-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Yeah, that is a drive, was trying to stay a little more south. June Lake Loop would be about the furthest north we would like to go.

Try Doc & Al's outside of Bridgeport if you want to drive that far.

Viejo
06-27-2011, 09:27 PM
I am afraid that you will not find much of what you are looking for outside of Mammoth. Most of the rentals (and motels) in the Eastern Sierra have seen better days and are pretty beat. There are some exceptions, of course, but they come at a premium. There are two bed and breakfasts in Bishop that are very nice....clean and quaint.

peterl
06-27-2011, 09:36 PM
Thanks. I think I have reserved myself to renting a condo or something in Mammoth. Any recommendations for a place that is somewhat close to lakes and good for kids in Mammoth?