PDA

View Full Version : Excellent night bassn as always

Phanatic
06-26-2011, 04:06 PM
Launched off HH around 4-5pm yesterday and boy was it rough out there. Weather said it would be 5-10mph but it felt more like 15. So me and 2 other buddies decided to stay in the harbor and fish for spotties for about an hour or two before we decided to leave when things slightly calmed down.

Our first stop was the break wall. We got there just before sunset and to my surprise it was pretty decent. We caught 3 White seabass around 20-24" and around 15 calicos before I said screw it I want to fish my secret spot where it is almost always wide open.

So we booked it there when conditions were finally calm. When we arrived there, low and behold instant hookup on first cast for all three of us. The three of us were nailing fish left and right throughout the whole night. We caught around a bass every cast to every other cast on average. A bass every 2 cast was not common. I must admit that the water has warmed up greatly. Right when I left HH it was 74 degrees. By the time I got to my spot, it was 69 degrees. Big jump in water temp compared to the past month which was why the big boys were coming out. Lots of big models were being picked.

My average size bass throughout the whole night was around 3 pounds on 1oz lead head with a 4 inch bait. Biggest model was this brute pictured down below. We also caught 2 barracudas, 1 legal and the other just shy of legal. Sorry I didn't take much pictures for you guys. It was just absolutely insane out there. Until next time, take care all.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/linh_olindzay/IMG_2596.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b312/linh_olindzay/IMG_2606.jpg

Hooked Up
06-26-2011, 04:42 PM
Always fun when it's wide open! Nice Grumpy! :)

BabyKiller
06-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Siiiikkkk! Private boating at its best! Catching some sebastians away from the islands is always a special treat too. Take me with you haha!

murrieta angler
06-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice toad Phanatic,
That thing is a beast.
Glad to hear the outer water temps are on the rise.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><