PDA

View Full Version : First ever fish in the bay...

fishinguy68
06-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Sorry for the late post. Went out yesterday morning for the high tide with my dad. Got out to the water by 6:15. By 6:20, my dad had gotten rolled over by a wave and as he said, "F%&*ed up his shoulder". Thought the day was over as I tried to convince my dad to take off. But he was ready to fish even though he couldn't use his left arm.

Anyways, started fishing the LC110 and cast after cast with no avail. Fished for about 45 minutes and then BAMN!!! All those feelings suddenly came back to me that I had when I was 6 and hooked the first blue gill. After a small fight, in comes my very first surf fish. It wasn't a monster by any means but it was a fish. A 6" BSP, and foul hooked at that. But I will take it. I take some pictures of it and a picture of my pops out in the waves and release it back into the water.

I walk over to my Dad and he has this grimmising look on his face. I ask him if he is ready. We headed for the car and that was my day. About an hour in the surf but my very first fish. I can't wait to get back out there.

My dad went to the doctor in the afternoon and he ended up pulling all of the tendens in his shoulder that hold his rotator cuff. He says he should be read next week... LOL... We shall see...

TroutKings3
06-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Way to go on that first one, always nice to avoid the skunk. Fish end up foul-hooked on the LC a lot, but it's usually not by chance, he probably went for it, missed with his mouth but got caught on the back! Nice rod too, if it is the Vendetta. :Wink:

fishinguy68
06-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Thanks Trout... Definately nice to get the skunk off. I didn't know that about the LC foul hooking alot of fish. This is the first fish I have ever caught on it. Ya, it is a Vendetta. I love that rod.. She is my baby...lol

Wingnut
06-27-2011, 10:07 PM
Damn, your Dad is a stone cold surf trooper... :Shocked: I would have packed it up and went home. :LOL: Wishing him a speedy recovery... :Cool:
Good effort on the session. :Cool:

DockRat
06-28-2011, 06:21 AM
Rotater Cup, OMG. I went last night to Torrance and with the 6.0 high tide there was major shorebreak.
I outed to stay out of the water. With a high tide, inshore hole shorebreak it seems you can only get 20' out more than working the wet sand.
DR