PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear Recon Mission Monday

blackberg
06-26-2011, 10:34 AM
So I have never fished Big Bear.

Will go tomorrow to do some Recon and get some Intel for a proper fishing/camping trip out there later in the summer/fall.

Seems trout are still active, but want to try to find info on where the catfish hang out too.

Will also be taking my fishing bow to hopefully get some blood on my bowfisher, so will be looking for the carp as well.

Any tips or spots to try are appreciated.
I can keep Top Secret info Confidential if you want to advance some intel:Secret:

Skunk or Not, will post a report when we return,

-bb

DrePSP
06-26-2011, 11:02 AM
If you look on the W side of the map on south side. there is a little skier symbol. thats where I have seen guys doing bowfishing for carp.
http://www.bigbearlake.net/maps/boatingmap.htm
I'd like some info on cat fish as well.

blackberg
06-26-2011, 12:41 PM
thanks for the tip,
any one know what baitshop is the most knowledable out there?

thanks
-bb

Bass-N-Fever
06-26-2011, 03:05 PM
i remember a few years back they block out the parking area by the dam with cones going to running spring on the south side of the lake anyone know it its open to park there or fish there?

Sublime-Steve
06-26-2011, 06:04 PM
if the workers aren't there u can park there but make sure u have an adventure pass ( 5 bucks for the day ) also no bow fishing from the dam im pretty sure but there so many carp there i bet a lil bit down further from the dam would be kool. they come out early early in the morning or round noon when it gets warmer

CraigH
06-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I usually see guys fishing for catfish at Stanfield cutoff. It's the road that forms the east side of the lake.

blackberg
06-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Report as promised:
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?58310-Big-Bear-Recon-Mission-Monday-6-26-report
-bb

Cameron
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
PM me when ur coming up & i'll try to put ya on some whiskers. As it gets hotter try Juniper for cats.