PDA

View Full Version : Lagoonuh 6/24-6/25

smokehound
06-26-2011, 06:23 AM
Went there on the 24th, went around the whole lake from 7-am to 8:35 pm..

No catfish until later in the afternoon, greeted by the imperial catfish truck! Haha, it was crazy watching those kitties enter the lake, they were going nuts, eating sticks on the surface and taking huge gasps of air..

Saw a bunch of really nice kitties stocked, a few were the infamous silver channels!

Lol, all these dudes were running around saying they were albinos XD

The Cats didnt start biting until way later, around 7:00 pm. I managed one decent 2-pounder.

Some of the cats looked as large as 6-7 lbs!

Went again yesterday with my sister and her niece, and caught a really mean softshell turtle. (Uh-oh)

That thing pissed me off, took my last circle-hook >=( The whole time, only one person caught a catfish, while using mackerel. Everyone else was using nightcrawlers and shrimp/ hogwild (gross, lol)

It's great that cats are being stocked again, I feel like the lakes deteriorated a bit due to the shortage of apex predators!

I'm going again today, possibly. Time to whacky-rig some senks!

Seems like the catfish are scared of shrimp, mealworms, and nightcrawlers, now. They wouldnt touch em!

vanillagurilla
06-26-2011, 11:07 AM
they wont touch them because theres a bunch of moss and grass in the bottom of that lake, you need to dropper loop it to keep it out of the grass or fly line on 2-4lb.

smokehound
06-26-2011, 11:32 AM
they wont touch them because theres a bunch of moss and grass in the bottom of that lake, you need to dropper loop it to keep it out of the grass or fly line on 2-4lb.I was using a high-low rig, with a very short leader, to keep it just off the bottom. I wasnt getting snagged or fouled, the cats just didnt want shrimp this time.. Past couple of days were really weird, I didnt have any lures, so while i waited for the Catfish truck, I was tossing around a flylined crawdad, and the bass didnt want it!

They seemed to still be in spawning mode, because I saw a couple of bass playing follow the leader in the shallows.. seems like they're gonna bed again. Saw lots of courtship behavior.

Then again, a guy next to me caught two while deadsticking a senko!

mjc89
06-26-2011, 12:39 PM
laguna in fullerton?

Mister Twister
06-26-2011, 09:10 PM
laguna in fullerton?Castiac lagoon,laguna is full of small bluegill,good place to take kids with thier spiderman poles

mjc89
06-26-2011, 09:21 PM
then y did he post it in city park lakes? shoodnt he have put it in the castaic section?

Mister Twister
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM
I guess, Castaic lagoon is north on I 5 exit at damn make a left.

mjc89
06-26-2011, 09:38 PM
i know where its at. but wen i saw it said lagoonuh i thought it wuz laguna lake in fullerton. cuz fish and game wuz guna stock it this past week

Mister Twister
06-26-2011, 09:44 PM
10-4 check it out

mjc89
06-26-2011, 09:50 PM
ok 4sure man

smokehound
06-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Castaic? :LOL:

Nah, I went to laguna Lake in fullerton.

mjc89
06-27-2011, 01:00 AM
i knew it. i wuz wtf wen that dude said castaic. so wut day did they stock?

smokehound
06-27-2011, 01:12 AM
i knew it. i wuz wtf wen that dude said castaic. so wut day did they stock?they stocked on friday, bring mackerel. Some people were slaying them on live crayfish, but after I pulled up that softshell, I would be careful!

mjc89
06-27-2011, 01:17 AM
cool. ya those turtles pissed me and my brother off when we went. as soon as we casted our bait in the wood bite it. we used mackerel, shrimp, and crawlers with marshmallows. after theyed hit it you would see the marshmallows come up to the surface