PDA

View Full Version : House Painter Needed

DockRat
06-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Going to fire my painter tomorrow. The dude won't sand. He has been primeing over chipped spots. I provided sanders, sandpaper but he won't use them. Spent $1800 already on the project
The house has been pressure washed, all chips scraped, most bad areas primed.
Still needs 5 days prep, a little stucco patch, 5 windows need to be glazed ect then paint.

No 'Blow and Go' guys.
1800 sq ft. exterior only. Need a guy that can brush/cut good and roll the rest. Useing Benjamin Moore. Hourly or bid.
Send PM if interested. Torrance Beach area.
Thanks DR

smokehound
06-26-2011, 06:36 AM
I would do it, but there's a possibility you might end up with a naked chick riding a dragon on the side of your house. :LOL:

Troutcz swimbait
06-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Why not get it sprayed, nobody rolls anymore.

DockRat
06-27-2011, 05:33 AM

That is not true at all. Depends on the job. You can get more paint more evenly with a roller. More quality of a job.
Got 3 colors, different paint on the stucco vs the wood, and 1/2 of the siding is wood.

I've seen some of my neighbors get thier houses painted with guys that come in and do a whole house in a day oy 2 only to have it flaking in a couple years. At the beach it is different than houses inland. You have the fog and salt chewing on it everday.
Do it right or do it again later.
DR

DockRat
06-27-2011, 05:35 AM

That is not true at all. Depends on the job. You can get more paint more evenly with a roller.
More quality of a job.
Got 3 colors, different paint on the stucco vs the wood, and 1/2 of the siding is wood.

I've seen some of my neighbors get thier houses painted with guys that come in and do a whole house in a day oy 2 only to have it flaking in a couple years. At the beach it is different than houses inland. You have the fog and salt chewing on it everday.
Do it right or do it again later.
DR

bassmeister
06-27-2011, 02:30 PM
three payments of 33.95 and get the paint zoom LOL. Spraying will do a much better job of covering over rollers. Those other jobs must not have primed, prepped properly. Spraying will get in places that no roller can.

smokehound
06-28-2011, 05:50 AM
three payments of 33.95 and get the paint zoom LOL. Spraying will do a much better job of covering over rollers. Those other jobs must not have primed, prepped properly. Spraying will get in places that no roller can.The BEST way is with a paintbrush. Total control. Slower, but slow is best! Never rush!

bassmeister
06-30-2011, 10:59 PM
OK you can brush your house if you like, but when I do my house it will be sprayed, in about 1/10th the time it would take you to brush it. And look much nicer

Criss
07-02-2011, 01:26 PM
The BEST way is with a paintbrush. Total control. Slower, but slow is best! Never rush!

Ya, my ancestors used to paintbrush their homes back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. They even have cars now.

fish-o-haulic
07-02-2011, 01:36 PM
My uncle had a guy do his, he sprayed it but did a real good job. If i can get the name of the guy ill refer you to him.