PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Perris?

Fishnfun
06-25-2011, 05:25 PM
I've seen several posts with guys having a lot of success catching fish at Lake Perris. Light line fishing those slab size panfish looks like a lot of fun. Almost all the pictures with the reports show guys fishing from a boat. Are there good shore locations to catch bluegills or other panfish? Or need to get one of the rental boats to have a chance to catch a good number of fish? Thanks.

want2fishmore
06-25-2011, 08:20 PM
I went there April of last year with my daughter. We fished the left side (east) of the wooden dock, first left once you step onto the wood. There's like 25 feet before you see a fence that's accessible for boat owners only. It's pretty shallow, but we had pretty decent action. Caught about 10 redear/bluegill and 1 trout, kept 1 good size bluegill and 1 redear, threw the rest back. No less than 5 seconds after catching the trout (1 pounder), an older gentleman quickly ran up to me and asked me if he could have it. I gave it to him. Had more action than the people fishing at the end of the dock. All were taken on mealworms (that's all I had). Oh yeah, some kid landed a bass (4lbs?) tossing out something right at the beginning of the dock. Hope that helps.

M@M
06-25-2011, 10:52 PM
I've always done better renting a boat, seem to catch more and better sized fish....still have to find them..... I just keep moving around.......It's more fun for me, on a boat.....but I'm still looking forward to the day when I catch my limit.....I guess you just have to learn where they are........I'm still learning.....LOL .... Good luck...looking forward to your report......it's always a good time to just get out and be fishing!:Smile:

TheAsianGuy
06-25-2011, 11:49 PM
If you're renting a boat, chase down a few guys that are hunting on their boats that have fish finders. They'll tell you exactly where the schools are, and you'll have an epic time. I had some chimed clue in where the schools where when some of them were hunting for basses. They told me exactly where the schools where (right under me and them), tossed the lines over, and the lines were quite busy for a few hours.