PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake Buzzer Beater Bass

can2
06-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Went out to Irvine Lake late one afternoon in March after some brief rain in the morning; only had about 3 hours to fish the shore before the lake closed at 4 :/ I had been searching for a trout bite the whole time throwing mini jigs and such but had absolutely no luck, I didn't even get a nibble.

With only about 10 minutes left to fish before closing I was getting pretty desperate to catch something. So I decided I'd switch up my setup and tied on a hologram shad robo texas style and tossed it in between some shallow bushes hoping for a bass. That roboworm must have landed in the basses mouth because literally as soon as it hit the water I saw my line moving against the wind and the current. Excited, I set the hook and must have set it fairly hard because at the same time I also lost my footing and landed *** first in some fresh mud. But knowing that this was most likely going to be the last bite of the day I kept my line tight through the fall and and picking myself up out of the mud and landed a decent bass :Big Grin:

Released the fish and walked back to the car with my butt covered in mud and a big smile on my face.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd410/can2-D2/irvinebass.jpg

Frequent Flyer
06-25-2011, 02:44 PM
haha priceless. good job

TroutKings3
06-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Just take the picture down and tell everyone that the bass was so big it yanked you to the ground. Haha way to stick with it in the mud!

Hitts0n
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Way to stick it out !!

can2
07-02-2011, 12:44 PM
thanks, doods