PDA

View Full Version : Echo Park still open to fishing?

Ifishtoolittle
06-25-2011, 11:15 AM
The title says it all. So, I'm bored with fishing the same local lake all the time and everyone should know this lake. :LOL: I was hoping to mix things up and hit Echo, if it's still open, since it does have a respectable population of green fish. Any who, can someone just give me a heads up so that I won't waste gas and time driving to the lake and later find out that it may be closed. Thanks.

-IF2L

ityperx
06-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Its still open. I just came back from there 10 mins ago, didn't catch anything and I lost two brush hogs to what I think is a shopping cart, or a trash barrel.

also: there are a few others out there fishing as I was leaving...

Ifishtoolittle
06-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Its still open. I just came back from there 10 mins ago, didn't catch anything and I lost two brush hogs to what I think is a shopping cart, or a trash barrel.

also: there are a few others out there fishing as I was leaving...

Thanks ityperx, I've only been there once, but I can confirm that there is a shopping cart, several trash cans, fence posts, and even a baby stroller in that lake. All of these are just epic urban structure!

reservoir dog
06-27-2011, 09:21 AM
I went there about a month ago and saw a couple LMB towards front right (when facing forward from the freeway). They were right around the brush where the fence ends. Another spot a fellow FNN'er told me was near the boat house. Be prepared to walk all over dog/bird sh*t...seriously! Good luck out there if you hit it up and let us know how it went.

Ifishtoolittle
06-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Just came back right now. Honestly I can say that Legg lake is cleaner! lol that is saying something about the lake. Yes there is crap of all kinds all along the shoreline, and the smell well it's not as bad as Legg. Anyways, I managed to get one dink 6" bass on the Jerkbait and 20+ three inch bass on the grub. Maybe the rehabilitation process might help the lake out who knows, but I didn't bother with the D/S or casting way out into the middle of the lake so no solid fish for me.