PDA

View Full Version : Fairmont Late Afternoon 6/25

Ranoxic
06-25-2011, 06:28 AM
Friend and I hit Fairmont yesterday to try for some of the stocked cats.

One rig had two hook-dropshot with mackerel, and the other I fly lined out a chunk of mackerel. My dropshot kept getting tapped, until it finally took, reeled in a big (the biggest I've got from Fairmont) bluegill!
Then my fly-lined chunk got picked up, caught a little 7inch Channel Cat. Sent him back. Then about 20 minutes later I caught the same little channel cat again. I could tell not just from size, but the mark from where I took the hook out the first time was still there.

We saw a lot of signs of feeding fish (most likely carp) by the moving trails of bubbles and silt being tossed up.

SirBluegill
06-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Am curious how big was the bluegill? any pics?

Ranoxic
06-25-2011, 03:31 PM
My friend took pictures with his phone, so once I can get them, I'll post them up. But he was around 8-9 inch +Size bluegill. I normally only get little 3-4 inch bluegill from Fairmont. He was big enough to lip if that means anything to you.

old pudd fisher
06-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Thats a pretty nice size for Fairmont, Hope you can post a picture.

SirBluegill
06-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Ya that's a very nice size for fairmont all the ones I caught there where 3 -4 inches, I was hoping there where large gill in there.

TheAsianGuy
06-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Hm..sorry to have missed you earlier. We were at the Fairmount running around the lake and playground as a family. Didn't see many people along the shore. One, maybe two at top.