PDA

View Full Version : Davey's locker 3/4 trip on the freelance 6/24/11

catfish 17
06-24-2011, 10:23 PM
Got on the boat today with my 2 friends, everyone was talking about the barracuda bite that has been going on. We has our irons on each of our poles. We left and went to go get some bait. Then went to the first spot and produced some fish. The whole day was slow... But i mean slow, the boat moved looking for a spot for about an hour:EyePop:. By the end of the day, the captain didn't find the cudas anymore so we went to try for the bass. Anyways, the total for all of us 3 was only 1 cuda, 1 calico bass, and 1 sheephead. And all of those 3 fish were caught by me. My friends didn't catch anything... That sucks, they didn't even get bit by the cudas. So many people got skunked. I was dissapointed catching 1 cuda, but i guess that's better then nothing. The boat was packed, maybe about 83 people or so.. too crowded. It was great to be on the water though. Especially with a $15.00 entrance that i had to pay for the 3/4 trip!! nothing beats that!

Thanks.:Big Grin:

FishinMishin
06-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Yeah, freelance like to over load there boat and newport start to do that too; that not cool at all. That sucks you guys didn't get into the cuda. best of luck next time and you can't beat $15

murrieta angler
06-25-2011, 10:27 AM
15 Bucks, 3 fish, a day on the water.......PRICELESS...:Big Grin:
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

catfish 17
06-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Yeah, freelance like to over load there boat and newport start to do that too; that not cool at all. That sucks you guys didn't get into the cuda. best of luck next time and you can't beat $15

yeah man, too crowded. Too many tangeled lines. Only 1 cuda for us. sucked.

catfish 17
06-25-2011, 04:38 PM
15 Bucks, 3 fish, a day on the water.......PRICELESS...:Big Grin:
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

Yup, $15, Plus i bought my licence for the whole year.