PDA

View Full Version : Tubin less waders?

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-24-2011, 11:35 AM
has the water warmed up enough to tube without waders? and do any of the lakes REQUIRE waders?

seal
06-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Well water at the Wood is plenty warm enough now so that would make most lakes warm enough with the possible exception of BBL, I normally wear wader when tubing Big Bear.

Any waters that allow water skiing, jet skiing and have beaches the use of waders would not be required as far as the other ones go I would check the lake rules, some allow tubing but no wading so sealed waders are required.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-24-2011, 12:12 PM
corona for example says nothing specific about requiring waders but i know they dont allow water skiiing etc. they say only dry tubes permitted but i figured that the tube just couldnt be wet prior to launching

Natethegreat
06-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I have fished Lake Perris in the summer time without waders.

TheAsianGuy
06-24-2011, 01:17 PM
has the water warmed up enough to tube without waders? and do any of the lakes REQUIRE waders?

Not sure about Silverwood, but Perris is plenty warm. Slightly chilly for the first 10 minutes in the water at 6:30am, but other wise, nice and warm throughout the day. Wear plenty of sunblock for your neck, arms and knees. Oh man, don't play around without the sunblock unless you want to be a cooked lobster.

Big Bear is slightly chilly until 10am. Water get plenty warm then.

vortec_cruiser
06-24-2011, 08:03 PM
Actually, if you were to fish any of the lower elevation lakes right now, and wear waders, you would probably die from heat stroke. Fishing Perris right now without waders is still a very warm prospect. It's nice having my legs dangling in the water with the sun blazing in the sky. Sunblock is a good idea, although I don't use it myself and don't get burned (tough hide).

vanillagurilla
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
yeah i was at perris today and the water is perfect. ive tubed the wood w/o waders in the spring/fall and its a big chilly but it should be fine just about anywhere right now but the mountian lakes.