PDA

View Full Version : crystal cove 6/24 am

JokerRw
06-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Well finally got out. First off I have been out of game a long time I don't remember paying 15 to get into the beach. At these prices I have to rethink things this could get real expensive. Any who so threw some camo crack sand crabs grubs all artificial all for a big fat nothing. Wish had a better report. But was nice to be out again. Hurt the it cost me 15 to buy a skunk. I am going to have to feed that skunk just to get rid of it.
Overcast
Water cool
Total time about 2.5 hours

oakboy
06-24-2011, 10:14 AM
Sorry to here that you got nada. Fishing in the surf can be tough. I just got back into it just like you are, it took me 4 times to actually. Hook- up. Try out Aliso Beach, its somewhat close to crystal cove. There are bsp, butts and croaker you can cetch on CRACK. Or i have been have really good luck at SC pier lately.

KP

murrieta angler
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey Joker,
Thanks for the report Bro.
That beach has given quite a few of us the skunk there...:Angry:
We have received some intel that will hopefully pay off when the time is right...:Smile:
You can purchase a yearly pass for $125 and use it at any state beach, or state park for that matter.
Take It Easy,
Robert
<><

Ulua1
06-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk, you'll get em next time, thanks for the report, keep em comming

ScottD
06-24-2011, 03:48 PM
I have fished that beach a few times. If you get there early, there is no one there taking money. Never had to pay. Just drive in and fish.
As for the fishing, it is tough there. You need the right conditions and most of the time, they are not right. Always alot of salad in that area. I have caught some fish there, but
nothing worth talking about. Just some dink stuff. There are several beaches north and south of there you can fish for free, just drive PCH and scope them out.
Just be sure that they are not protected beaches. Alot in Laguna you can't fish.

keepemlo
06-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Man that place looks so cool and not pressured .I just don't understand why the skunk rules so hard there