PDA

View Full Version : BP Reservoir June 18 thru 21 - Quick Report

Sierra_Smitty
06-23-2011, 03:17 PM
The crew working on the dam at South Lake finally checked out after nearly 2 months living at the resort. Needed a break so I headed up with a small RV to Bridgeport Reservoir for a few days to unwind, hide, relax and fish a bit.

The bait bite was excellent with most fish seen at the fish cleaning station probably averaging bettern than a pound, maybe a pound and a half and most stringers had a solid 2.5 or 3lb for two on it as well. We camped right at the Bridgeport res. Marina because we didn't want to mess with driving to and from the lake. The story we heard from everyone was Powerbait, Powerbait, Powerbait....crawlers were so/so but PB was apparently off the hook.

I really had no interest in fishing with Powerbait so we trolled around the lake and picked off a few. We didn't feel too bad cuz the guys camped next to us have been there for nearly two months and fish every day - one day we were there they got a dozen and one day they got 8....this after averaging somewhere near 80 fish a day since arriving...clearly, we weren't the only trollers having tough luck. The fish we did get were on floating rapalas in bright orange, countdowns in silver black. Most of what we were hauling was the right stuff according to the few local guys that stay at the RV park.

Overall had a great time - mission number 1 of the trip was not to work or worry about work which I was able to do most of the time.

Sorry - no pics of the fishing variety worth posting.

peace,
smitty

Matt44
06-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Great report smitty! Ill be headed up july 9th 10th and 11th can't wait! Im gonna be tossin jigs powerworms and lures at em maybe try some bait and wait if I get bored. I just got a good little setup for trolling iv done it but never with my own equiptment. What lb line in colors is good for the trouts? Iv got a good idea of what to throw rapalas and bouyants have always been good up there! And help would be awesome!

Sierra_Smitty
06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh - ya - forgot to mention that we actually threw jigs and trout worms at 'em first since that's our forte up at South Lake but they didn't want anything to do with 'em...hence the trolling, which I usually don't care too much for. Either way, super cool fishery they have there good luck out there! We were trolling pretty light with 6lb and 8lb mono. the guy who do best there were using lead line fishing at 1 and a half or two colors.

Matt44
06-24-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah I was up about a month ago and they wernt hittin the plastic worms so we will see this trip! Iill be going to the twins and virginias as well im pumped!

sb fishing
06-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Sorry guys was dealing with a death in my family..... returned Pm's

If I can help in any way shoot me a email or call/text

mundo@staybentfishing.com
775-450-5516