PDA

View Full Version : 06 / 22 Local Gar 'n Rattlers 3/4-Day Trip w/pics

JapanRon
06-23-2011, 02:51 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0622ezine11P1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0622ezine11P2.jpg

TUNAVIC
06-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Hey Ron nice report as always,thanks,we were out weds also.Most of the time I can't make myself go south ie the flats,why? I'd always rather catch calicos more than sandies,although I don't mind catching sculpin,so obviously we didn't get any barries weds,still waitng for them to move up.We did have a good whack at the calicos 2-5lbs,all the rockfish you wanted,and on one spot we know even sandies if you wanted them.

Zach1093
06-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Great read and report as always JP, nice fishing with you yet again! I might need to steal your carolina rig setup next time we go after those sculpin, I couldn't stay out of the tangle mess that day :Sad:

JapanRon
06-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Hi TUNAVIC,

Yes, I can see your point. I'd prefer Calicos too. Deal is ..... there's always a chance at a ghost NOW at the Flats so that's a draw to more than a few. Cuda will come up north, as you say, for sure but they sure seem to scoot around Rocky Point in a hurry.

Kinda tired of cuda but the option is Rockfish !!! :(

JapanRon

JapanRon
06-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Hi Zach1093,

Ya, great fun. Nice seeing you and your dad again. Just in case you didn't know, to send me an email you will want to click or is it double click on my board name at the top w/the little dot beside it.

Actually, I was using too much weight for the sliding egg sinkers but I didn't want to tangle with the Christmas tree decoration next to me !! Sheeeh !

JapanRon

murrieta angler
06-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Hey Ron,
I'm with you in regards to the scupls over cudas.
Is Ms Yellowcat yours or a true feral?
If yours, why not have her fixed?
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

JapanRon
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

When are the Bass coming ? :(

She is true feral. 2 feet is about as close as you're gonna get !! No petting, no nothin'. Don't know what my Mom sees in her other than a creature to care for and be familiar with daily. She's seen the trap so many times (the cat) with the 5~6 Possums and a mean, bully tomcat I caught.... she knows it very well and goes around it all the time ignoring food in it and all.

She hides her kittens far away and we don't see them till they're bigger.

JapanRon

murrieta angler
06-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi murrieta angler,

When are the Bass coming ? :(

She is true feral. 2 feet is about as close as you're gonna get !! No petting, no nothin'. Don't know what my Mom sees in her other than a creature to care for and be familiar with daily. She's seen the trap so many times (the cat) with the 5~6 Possums and a mean, bully tomcat I caught.... she knows it very well and goes around it all the time ignoring food in it and all.

She hides her kittens far away and we don't see them till they're bigger.

JapanRon

They are here Ron,
You just have to hit the surf...:Big Grin:
I think 8-10 in the last 2 trips, all sandies.
Take care,
Robet
<><

marzocchi
06-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Nice report again Ron.

JapanRon
06-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi marzocchi,

Wow .... the Sandies are here for the moo-moos according to the reports today. Next week gonna be busy fishin' the boats !!

thanks,

JapanRon

Zach1093
06-26-2011, 05:06 AM
Thanks JP I think I got it.

And yeah the Sandies are showing up, about time!