PDA

View Full Version : Operation Dry Water.

DockRat
06-23-2011, 07:06 AM
Attention Boaters Friday, Sat, Sun
Plan on getting pulled over. Fresh or saltwater.

Last Year they issued 4,171 Citations and made 322 arrests.

http://www.operationdrywater.org/

You have been warned. DR :Secret:

Operation Dry Water, June 24-26, 2011, is a national weekend of Boating Under the Influence (BUI) education and enforcement aimed at reducing alcohol and drug-related accidents and fatalities.

Held each year during the weekend before the 4th of July holiday, Operation Dry Water is coordinated by the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators (NASBLA) in partnership with the states, the U.S. Coast Guard and other partner organizations.

Boating Under the Influence (BUI) is dangerous and illegal. BUI is the leading contributing factor in fatal boating accidents. Learn more about the effects of BUI.

If you boat under the influence:

•Your voyage will be terminated
•Your boat may be impounded, and
•You may be arrested.

Penalties can include fine, imprisonment,Impoundment of your boat, loss of boating privileges and even loss of driving privileges

DockRat
06-24-2011, 06:42 AM
Bump, for the weekend.
DR

Ifishtoolittle
06-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Only in California. A fine for littering here is like what 1K? In FL it was 50 or 100 bucks! :ROFL:

Which Way Out
07-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Only in California. A fine for littering here is like what 1K? In FL it was 50 or 100 bucks! :ROFL:

The fines are high for littering, however when did you every see someone get fined. Not trying to be an a** but if you ask me I would love to see more fines handed out to the dirt bags that litter.

jayman
07-01-2011, 12:15 PM

For all I care, they should raise the littering fine. You should only have to worry about what the fine is if you're out there littering yourself!

Ifishtoolittle
07-01-2011, 12:17 PM
I suppose you guys are right. Even with such a high fine I still see a lot of garbage on most California streets.