PDA

View Full Version : Secombe Lake rec. area

Steelheadpimp
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Anyone ever been out to Secombe state recreation area in SB? I saw it on the DFG stocking schedule and since it's just few miles from loma linda I took my lunch break and checked it out. Not exactly serene... I was approached by at least 3 homeless people within my first five minutes, there's squirrels EVERYWHERE and I mean EVERYWHERE. There fat like cats and surrounded me the whole time I was there! Anyway, it's a decent looking park, fairly clean, but not in the best area, I'm pretty sure there were drug deals going down in the parking lot. The water is green and there were geese all over. Do people catch fish there? Are they even clean?:Confused:

GhettoBasster
06-22-2011, 09:19 PM
I've caught LMB out of there. It is stocked with rainbows from Winter through Spring. There are also catfish, carp, and bluegill in here. I've never had a problem there, but I wouldn't do any night fishing. Mester909 and kotton909 pull good-sized LMB out of there all the time as does Cpt.Kirk. Check out Bassinthehood.com for Kirk's tips and blog. You might want to post you question in the city park lakes forum. There will be more people who have more answers for you there. Ps. Kotton and Mestre swear they have seen a sturgeon in there and I believe them.

Steelheadpimp
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the info GhettoBasster! Yeah no night fishing for sure, but It'd be cool for some place free and close. Good to know about the LMB!
I've caught LMB out of there. It is stocked with rainbows from Winter through Spring. There are also catfish, carp, and bluegill in here. I've never had a problem there, but I wouldn't do any night fishing. Mester909 and kotton909 pull good-sized LMB out of there all the time as does Cpt.Kirk. Check out Bassinthehood.com for Kirk's tips and blog. You might want to post you question in the city park lakes forum. There will be more people who have more answers for you there. Ps. Kotton and Mestre swear they have seen a sturgeon in there and I believe them.

carpanglerdude
06-23-2011, 02:07 PM
There's plenty of fish to be caught there, but it is probably one of the most seedy parks in the greater LA area. I think it might even have Echo Park beat. Definitely uglier than Fairmount.

That being said, fishing can be very, very good there at times. Shhhh!

Just like GhettoBasster mentioned, Mester909, Cpt. Kirk and kotton909 really have the lake dialed in. I've run into them while fishing there several times and they really know where to find 'em.

kotton909
06-26-2011, 12:54 AM
There are bass just have to fish the lake my favorite spots aren't producing like they were.in the spring