PDA

View Full Version : Best lc over all?

FishinLBC
06-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Call me cheap but $20 a lure is pricy, i really wana give it a shot seeing all the success w/ them. What would you recomend getting as to not put me off $20 lures for ever? ebay i have noticed has a huge selection and im just not so sure what to get. Keeping in mind halis are the target species. TY

shy_boxer
06-22-2011, 09:06 PM
110 Metallic sardine is the ticket for hali's!!! Take it to the bank!

tree
06-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Call me cheap but $20 a lure is pricy, i really wana give it a shot seeing all the success w/ them. What would you recomend getting as to not put me off $20 lures for ever? ebay i have noticed has a huge selection and im just not so sure what to get. Keeping in mind halis are the target species. TY

I'd say the LC110 FM for saltwater, and its equivalent in freshwater is the Pointer 78/100/128. both can be cranked/slowrolled, jerked like a regular jerkbait, and worked slowly or quickly, giving you lots of versatility.

tacklejunkie
06-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Pointer 78. Ghost Minnow. Credit Socal Bassman.
I caught something ridiculous like 32 fish on the last one I just lost the other day. It hardly even had hook rash. Always ran stock hooks.
Fish slaying machine!

flashminnows 110 also work on the Stripers pretty good. I will run that lure fresh or salt in various colors.

Liteweight
06-23-2011, 07:16 PM

If I'm wrong, hopefully Wingnut, Bones or Flyng will correct me but it's not always about the color as it is presentation and location. That being said however, I've noticed the Sardine patterns being most popular when reading reports or viewing result pics. I'd also go with match the hatch (color/type of baitfish in the area, 'choies, 'dines, grunion, smelt etc.) As painful to the pocket book as it is I have an assortment. After catching a few fish on a particular color/pattern, I buy backups (sometime multiple).
LW

smokehound
06-23-2011, 07:29 PM
If I'm wrong, hopefully Wingnut, Bones or Flyng will correct me but it's not always about the color as it is presentation and location. That being said however, I've noticed the Sardine patterns being most popular when reading reports or viewing result pics. I'd also go with match the hatch (color/type of baitfish in the area, 'choies, 'dines, grunion, smelt etc.) As painful to the pocket book as it is I have an assortment. After catching a few fish on a particular color/pattern, I buy backups (sometime multiple).
LWColor is important if you need to match the hatch, and during different conditions, like dark light conditions, and stained water.. Action is more important, generally, you're right.

stocker
06-27-2011, 06:08 PM
The best lc is the one that you find in the rocks, lol.

WARRIORMIKE
07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
ghost minnow and american shad in any size will work all around for fresh to salt water

oakboy
07-06-2011, 08:17 PM
I too had some sticker shock when looking at LC's. There is no doubt that they work great, but i just purchased a less expensive model at my LBS for $10 and the two times i have used it i caught fish. It is a
river2sea triho minnow in the gin minnow color. Good luck out there!

<><
KP