PDA

View Full Version : Nautilus twilight Tuesday 06-21-11

cklovetofish
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
Got a report from Newport landing regarding good Sand Bass fishing the previous night. Got an itch, so I went out again just to see.
Got to Huntington flat area in about an hour or so, a few bass here and there. No toad bass at all. Moved around the area like 4~5 times. At one spot, the guy (1 guy) at the bow was catching one after another. He got total of 6 bass in like 20 minutes, while the whole boat (40 people so so) skunk. Ok, one here one there. I didn't even got a nibble at all.
Moved back to Santa Ana river mouth, and same old thing, maybe was even worse than the other area. Not until like 10 minutes before head back to dock, sculpins and some bass decided to come out and play. I got 2 sculpins within 2 minutes, one minute before they pull the anchor. Must be the tide, as high tide is about 1 AM and it was close to midnight by then.
There were only 2 or 3 people came for fish fillet. The rest of the boat came home skunk, or one per bag. I do feel sorry for those kids and first timer.
Maybe another week or two, or maybe next year again. Oh well.

FishinMishin
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Man! Another bad trip for you, sorry to here that I think you do for one. Better luck next time and keep on fishing.
Thinking of head out tomorrow night try it out.

Git R Done
06-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I used to hit newport but I decided to hit another spot and I'll tell you what...They'll never see me there again. Try pierpoint landing in long beach. Great staff period.

cklovetofish
06-23-2011, 09:10 AM
I agree with you. Not only for conveniences and boat ride time, Newport landing got some deckhands that have very bad attitudes, especially for non-caucasian customers. I think I will go with Pierpoint or 22nd landing from now on.

Git R Done
06-23-2011, 10:43 AM
Pierpoint it is...I'll bring the beer

JapanRon
06-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Hi cklovetofish,

Too bad you got another unsuccessful trip. So ....... nobody else went up to the bow ?

JapanRon

cklovetofish
06-24-2011, 08:37 AM
There was one guy that was next to me saw the action and went up there. He only got one bass and farmed another. I didn't know until all the action was over. Funny thing is the skipper saw this but he never said or moved the boat so people can share some of the actions. I didn't get skunk. Just a slower day than expected, that's all.

FishinMishin
06-24-2011, 09:48 PM
I don't know about pierpoint landing I been out on there on southern cal about a year ago there crews wasn't very helpful and some of peoples are total ***. We'er out there to have fun not be f-heads.
Newport crews are most excellent very help but the boat ringers total *** I mean last time I went out we're getting off the boat one of the ringers told me I can't take my fish sack off the boat, I told him I pay for it, give him a look like f-you whatever and walked off. I been going on partyboat for long time I now in and out so f-you ringer to the crew thank for helping by nephew and dad out.

murrieta angler
06-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey CK,
Good job getting a couple in the sack.
Have you ever tried San Diego landings?
I have never had a problem with the crew on any of the boats, with other anglers, but never the crew.
Thanks for the rpeort,
Robert
<><