PDA

View Full Version : Me and my son @ Lake Skinner *Info Needed*

Kareem Korn
06-22-2011, 08:50 AM
I haven't fished Lake Skinner in over 15 years. I'm bringing my son out this weekend to fish off the bank. Any help with me putting him on some fish would be appreciated. Thanks.
-Tim-

Fishbrains
06-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Its a bad time for Skinner right now. They bluestoned the lake last week. I fished it yesterday hard for nada, not even a nibble. Ill be there all weekend fishing, have a tourny sat. Hopefully it recovers by then. Also bank fishing at Skinner is very tough as it is. If I were you Id hit Perris or Dvl until Skinner recovers from the bluestone.

TheAsianGuy
06-22-2011, 04:48 PM
They stoned the reservoir this late? Wow..any action there would be hammered. Panfishes were biting, but not sure after the stoning. It will take about a week for the biting to pick up again due to the salinity effect on fresh water fishes, similar to appetite suppressant on a human body. Best just to switch gear over to Lake Perris or Lake Elsinore.

Slater
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
I fished Skinner 2-3 days after it got blue-stoned last week and still got bent on stripey. Though not as much..and was out on a kayak. Most of my activity was close to shore - before 8 am - in the area to the left of the marina and all the way along that shore until it gets real shallow and hooks into the bay. White plastics on top water was the key to me last week on schoolie sized fish. Im sure your son will be able to get them to bite for him...good luck. Also it was SUPER FOGGY when they were on the chew.

bayfishingjunkie
06-22-2011, 10:42 PM
I was there a few days ago and it was ripping!!! topwaters and frogs... I also fished from shore one of the three days I was there and had no problem getting bit. Fish as far to the left of the marina as you can and throw surface stuff be patient they are there.