PDA

View Full Version : Nph 6/19 no pics.

smokehound
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Went solo to the harbor to see what I could catch. Left my jigheads on home on accident, so I had to take the PCH bus to seal beach blvd to pick up som ghosties.. sucks, because sunday was a great day for tossing lures.

An hour later, I finally get back to the harbor, and start at a certain quiet area with deep water. ;) YFC all over the place, but they were shallow, so i had to hide to get them to inspect my bait.

eventually, they decided they were too good for ghost shrimp and left! Thats a first for me! (No, they werent mullet) I guess they were picking at mussels, too bad I didnt grab any.

Then I head to the big bridge *somewhere* and cast a nice fat ghostie out, and while I'm rejuvenating the shrimp with some fresh harbor water, something knocks my pole over, and takes a huge run, I set the hook, and I can tell it's a corbina, sadly the monster unbuttons before I can bring it closer. Easily over 23 inches. Crap.

So then I move to my old spot, and try my luck there. FYI, at Big fish tackle, the price has increased to 7 bucks, and now you get 16 ghosties. not bad. I went to the shadows to find some fish lurking about, and a shark kept terrorizing me, stole five of my hooks, and kept harassing me! So that sucked. Was a huge shark, though, I couldnt even turn it.

So then, I decide to leave for one more spot, and I ask this one dude for the time. he then replies: "It's about time for you to split!" "I dont know you!" Lmfao. That guy was such a rancid POS. Why must people have a porcupine quill in their sphincters?

After that, since the tide was so high, I went to the storm drains to try my luck, which was so far, non-existent.

I cast towards the dock on the right and "BAM!" I hit the dock REALLY hard on accident! and heard someone yell "HEY!!!?" :LOL: Whoops!

Down to my last ghost shrimp, I toss out and wait a few minutes, some fish comes and pulls my ghostie off >=(

must have been a big jacksmelt... Son of a..

After that, i bought a little thing of frozen mussels and just kicked it at the 7-11 til my ride picked me up.

Still had a great day, found a new spot with EXCELLENT structure AND cover. Only problem is kids like the area too, so they might scare the fish, but that can happen anywhere.

Til next time..

ryryk
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Sounds fun. I like the new ghost shrimp deal. Always seemed like id run out during some decent action when they were 12pk.

Thanks for the report I gotta go back to this one lil spot I had anchovies at. I haven't been there in a minute and I bet better bait would be epic.

Ryan

Ulua1
06-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Sounds like a crazy day at the harbor, I feel for ya on the one that got unbuttoned, you'll get em again. Thanks for the report!

BabyKiller
06-21-2011, 07:57 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/121389561/Denise_Milani___Wow____by_SonicHdghog.jpg