PDA

View Full Version : Isabella Tri-fecta

Fishin Magician
06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Decided to give one of my other areas a try this morning. Headed to Free air point. This is located at the end of Evans road in Wofford Heights. Some people also know this as the three crosses. Arrived at 7 and found one guy already fishing. He had a nice stringer of catfish. Should have seen this as an omen. Proceded to start tossing the jig and was rewarded with a crappie on my first cast. Didn't have any more takers so I continued toward the point. Picked up a couple more crappie then I got slammed. I knew this was no crappie and sure enough proceded to land a nice 3lb bass. continued to toss the jig when something else picked me up. Landed a nice solid 1lb cat. Ended up with a total of 6 crappie, 4 catfish and the bass. not bad for an hour and a half of fishing. I was hoping to get a trout and get the grand slam but still happy anyway. Anyone looking for the kitties might consider heading here. It is quite rocky so expect to loose some gear.
Tight lines,
FM
One of the crappie
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/7d92d5ee.jpg
Here is the first catfish
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/b1106b41.jpg
Finally the bass
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx291/kingofthekern/eb96eb7f.jpg

GdHkSet1
06-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Congrats, man what are the odds? Sticking three different types of species with a jig rig! Nice job....

Fishin Magician
06-21-2011, 10:22 AM
I put this in my "I'd rather be lucky than good" column.

flytyingreloader
06-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Excellent work, F/M!!

I had similar ideas for today, but more medical crapola nixed another fishing trip. This "getting old" bit is JACKED UP. Having a wife who is a former RN makes blowing off the medicos real difficult, as well. Serial successive swear words.

fish-o-haulic
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
good job out there.

Beeracuda211
06-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Good Job poacher... one question.... How did the bass taste? lol:LOL: I'm ready for the kitties

troutdog
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Isabella is calling my name, wtg on the triple play FM.

TD

OC ANGLER
06-22-2011, 12:44 AM
I was supposed to have been up there this past weekend but plans changed :(

Nice Job !

Beeracuda211
06-22-2011, 06:04 AM
Isabella is calling my name, wtg on the triple play FM.

TD

Hey Trout Doggy, I think the Booze Cruise is calling your name lol

Fishin Magician
06-22-2011, 06:32 AM
Good Job poacher... one question.... How did the bass taste? lol:LOL: I'm ready for the kitties
Didn't save her. I let her continue her spawn. The kitties are wfo from the reports I have been getting. Took the kids out on the lake in the afternoon to swim and beat the heat. Watched 5 other big bass chasing shad up on the shore. One poor shad didn't make it back in the water so he became bait. Missed my hookset and the shad came off my hook only to be pounced on by a big garter snake. It was cool to see nature doing its thing. The shad was so big (4-5") he was having trouble swallowing it. Don't know if he ever got it down or not.
Still trying to work it out so I can make it to the mid on sat. I want some more stripers!
Tight Lines,
FM