PDA

View Full Version : Fishing The Duct 6-21-2011

SoCalB3AST
06-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Sumojo An I Hit 60th Street West Took a little walk heading east for nothing, seen a whole **** load of grasshoppers.

But no bites so we got thirsty an left, hit 60th am pm got drinks an headed to munz ranch road,

We pull up see a nice truck we think oo someone else is fishing o well lets do it. We walk up set up the bait n wait, while waiting for bites i start throwing my lucky craft aurora black for nothing.

Fish start jumping like crazy dunno if there stripers, carp, bass, catfish or wut, but some big mofos coming out of the water lol.

Its almost sun down an we see this guy walking from around the bend, he stops talks to Joe come to find out its LUCKY LAGER !!

We bullshit an talk for about an hour. different stories an techniques an stuff cool guy to fish with

While We were talking sumojo gets ripped on his bait n wait we didnt even know lol lager says o did u get that earlier? i turned around sure enough joe had a 5 lb channel cat i was shocked cuz i never herd a bell or anything lol.

We bull shited around some more, an RING RING RING RING RING bell goes crazy i took off running got to it set the hook an fight was on Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I hand Joe the pole he reels it in an i net it, 7lb channel woohoo wat a good nite,

Lager leaves an we stayed for another hour for nothing called it a nite.

( Lucky Lager it was cool meeting u out there thanks for the info u shared an if i shared anything that helped u then cool, u seem cool we should hook up one of these days an see if we can slay some striper... well cya around im sure every weekend headin to the duct lol. close an alot of fun.

Here is some pics

There Fun To Catch
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/DSCN1392.jpg

Catfish
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/DSCN1388.jpg

Moon Rise
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/DSCN1383.jpg

Moon is up
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f399/DyingGoblin13/DSCN1387.jpg

TheAsianGuy
06-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Nice. Looks like the fishes are more active in the late day than the early morning. I'll make sure to take that advice for our duct scavenging. The red moon indicated you guys have quite a bit of dust going around up there..or just plain pollution as bad as the valley areas.

adicfor
06-21-2011, 09:57 AM
Its almost sun down an we see this guy walking from around the bend, he stops talks to Joe come to find out its LUCKY LAGER !!

Watch out for that guy. He will follow you around and catch fish right behind you.

Lucky Lager
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
good running into you guys too! those were some pretty nice cats Joe got.....i thought his pole was going in with that 7lb'er, lol.

looks like the moon finally decided to come out. i was telling Joe that i expected a nice moon that night, but it never showed up while i was there.

i'm sure i'll see you out there agian, maybe adicfor will get out there with us too, lol.

Watch out for that guy. He will follow you around and catch fish right behind you.

hey, i give you first crack at 'em......it's not my fault that you skip them all & i have to hook what you miss, lol!!

SoCalB3AST
06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah deffently well have to get together an hit some spots maybe even carpool save gas.. lol ill deffently be sending u a pm one of these days an lets see if we cant make it happen!!

Lucky Lager
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
sounds good. i might hit 90th, or Munz today if it cools down

fish-o-haulic
06-21-2011, 08:16 PM
You guys hit 60th. You guys are tresspassing on me and my grandpas good whole man go find your own, haha jk jk lol. good job out there.

eggot
06-23-2011, 02:08 AM
nice kitties..... you look blasted in those pics LOL. Christmas trees and fishing are a great combo.

Git R Done
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Nice cats! But dude what were you smoking???

yakfu
06-24-2011, 02:31 AM
Those are some nice duct cats...Ive never seen them so healthy...looks like it was a beautiful night as well...great job..

yolo
06-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Nice kitties. Do try 60th/Godde. The paved side from the first ladder to the first bend has been great for me for stripers on the Storm 4" pearl shad. If you want to take a walk, the bends up to the water tanks are good too. I think SoCalB3ast hooked up down there before on the tickler? You want bigger kitties go up flow from where you were here about 1 mile. There was something huge out there chasing down a family of ducks and chicks and got some of them too. Whatever it was it is probably territorial once that big. My guess it was a huge catfish. Now you know. Go get BIG Bertha.

Lucky Lager
06-24-2011, 09:35 AM
uh oh, our very own river monster, lol! hopefully whoever ends up landing that thing practices C&R so that others can hook up on it too.
it's been a few days since i've been out, but i'm gonna try to get out soon & shake down a new reel i just got. i'll shoot you a text whenever i make it out.

Cableguy
06-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Damm Z, That was pretty generous :Big Smile:. Since your in the giving mood, give me a call and let's get out there some time. I'll pm you the number :Fishing Catch:.

fish-o-haulic
06-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Nice kitties. Do try 60th/Godde. The paved side from the first ladder to the first bend has been great for me for stripers on the Storm 4" pearl shad. If you want to take a walk, the bends up to the water tanks are good too. I think SoCalB3ast hooked up down there before on the tickler? You want bigger kitties go up flow from where you were here about 1 mile. There was something huge out there chasing down a family of ducks and chicks and got some of them too. Whatever it was it is probably territorial once that big. My guess it was a huge catfish. Now you know. Go get BIG Bertha.

I trek out to that spot almost every friday, my grandparents live literally like 2 mins away from godde hill. My and grandpa and would enjoy spending time together during our weekly skunks. LOL. My uncle whos a pretty seasoned duct master was telling me that the best spots sometimes are the real remote areas of the aqueduct. But still some fish to be had in the more populated areas.