PDA

View Full Version : skinner.. fathers day

tadavis09
06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
well went out sunday morning with my father and grandparents... got on the lake early and rented a pontoon... couldnt do any trolling because i wasnt navigating the boat and everyone wanted to bait and wait since I had some success with the livers the sunday before... it was pretty frustrating not being able to fish how i wanted but hey it was fathers day! saw only a couple boils in the morning but didnt have time to throw anything out as i was busy getting poles together for 5 people... got a few hits but nothing worth sharing... didnt see much action on the striper but it looked like the LMB were biting.. it was killing me not being able to go after them!! we stayed by the dam and seemed to move around every 20 minutes or so... all in all it was a VERY frustrating day but it was great to be out there with family.. they had a great time just being out there so it was worth it.. who knows if ill be able to go out with them again so im glad we got to do it! didnt seem like anybody was having too much luck when we got back other than a few LMB i saw some people catch... maybe the bite wasnt as good on the stripers bc of the blue stoning the week before... still looking for a 4 stroke motor i can take out there and start slaying them.. maybe getting a kayak soon as well.. hopefully i can get out next weekend and do some trolling and get some topwater action

GdHkSet1
06-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I'll give up a killer day of fishing to be able to fish with my Son, Dad and my Grandad all in the same boat again... I can only remember the good times we had a couple days out of the year. We'll have plenty of days to fish the way "we" want to fish but to have family on the water those are far and few opportinities... and when thier gone you can only wish you can do it all again.

Slater
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Once a again - a great day - fishing with the family, really cant beat it.
Wanted to comment on the bait-n and waitin. I am usually an artificial and plastics guy at Skinner, but when I first started striper fishing it was up north in the San Luios Reservior and Forebay with some diehard local bait fisherman. They use to say if its been 20 minutes and you have not gotten bit...make a move, keep looking until you have located an area where they are schooling. Now its easier if you have a ff to stay on a school I guess. Just curious if guys who typically fish chovies/dines/liver would agree??? Interested to here opinions on this.

tadavis09
06-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Once a again - a great day - fishing with the family, really cant beat it.
Wanted to comment on the bait-n and waitin. I am usually an artificial and plastics guy at Skinner, but when I first started striper fishing it was up north in the San Luios Reservior and Forebay with some diehard local bait fisherman. They use to say if its been 20 minutes and you have not gotten bit...make a move, keep looking until you have located an area where they are schooling. Now its easier if you have a ff to stay on a school I guess. Just curious if guys who typically fish chovies/dines/liver would agree??? Interested to here opinions on this.

Ive been told the same thing.. I usually do move quite a bit.. i truthfully usually wait maybe only 10-15 at most and once i find a school i stay there until i dont get bit again for 10

tadavis09
06-21-2011, 01:27 PM
I'll give up a killer day of fishing to be able to fish with my Son, Dad and my Grandad all in the same boat again... I can only remember the good times we had a couple days out of the year. We'll have plenty of days to fish the way "we" want to fish but to have family on the water those are far and few opportinities... and when thier gone you can only wish you can do it all again.

Definitely... it truly was an amazing time.. especially to see how happy they are to be out there.. and ya you never know if that was the last time ill ever get to do that