PDA

View Full Version : Lake skinner beast Saturday 6/18

bayfishingjunkie
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Spent the weekend camping at skinner,,, got some info from Ken at the bass taxi he told me what,and where to use for the bass... heres the result... second cast with the kooppers frog.
http://youtu.be/bypdtPnD5fk finished the day with 5 bass

one time
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Sick!!! What size and color Koopers frog?

fish4keep
06-20-2011, 08:22 PM
1st. That's a very nice bass from Skinner and an added bonus on the kermit.

2nd. :Popcorn:

P.A.W.
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
First I congratulate you..... AND I hate you!!! :) My boat is still in the shop and I know those guys are just waiting to be caught. There are more hogs in Skinner than many would think.

tagg27
06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Great feesh! Way to have a plan and work your plan. Did you catch all five on the frog?

bayfishingjunkie
06-20-2011, 10:13 PM
another 9 pounder was caught that day. I had 9 blow ups on the frog this was the only one that stuck...thank God. caught a few on the drop shot. that was the only time I have ever thrown a frog.., I'm glad I read about fishing and watch the Quality fishing shows and props to the In-Fisherman who really shows you true detailed techniques on fishing. Apparently they taught me well. I was using my 20-30 # 8' carrotsticx 50# powerpro braid, and the big brown and black frog with a modification I cant mention or I wont be trusted to hear the hot tricks anymore. shot it parallel to the tules and twiched it twice and the water errupted. I went into autopilot mode in my brain....I believe "thinking" loses fish just as "thinking" ruins a golf swing. I'm going back Wednesday I hope.

STOPBUGGING
06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
That is a toad!...good job bro...

Fish hard

fish.n.stein
06-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Dont you just love frog fishing? Youll be hooked for sure. Ive caught over 20 fish on my koppers already they are great frogs! Super soft yet durable. Those matched with power pro and a good frog stick the can have some really good action.its hard to get the hang of due to the excitement of the blow up,but be patient when fishing frogs.dont set the hook when you see the splash give it a second or wait till you feel the tug then give er a good hookset. This will increase your hookup ratio most def. But props to ya! That is a toad for sure. Welcome to the frog fishing world :) tight lines
Fish.n.stein

TheAsianGuy
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
the big brown and black frog

Looks like the darker colors triumph over the lighter color for surface casting every time. The darker the color, the better the silhouette from below for those hogs to jump onto. It applies to panfishes and trouts as well. Darker the floating bug lures, the faster they jump them.

I believe "thinking" loses fish just as "thinking" ruins a golf swing.

That's given. Everything must be autonomous. But, it takes a while to get that drilled into your brain during the learning process. After a nice year of intense fishing, it will be instinctive. However, to reach that state, you'll have "fishing in the brain" syndrome for a wee while :ROFL:

bassgrabber1
06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Awesome catch!!! Way to go man. I will be out there camping for the 4th of July weekend. I am just trying to figure out how to get my boat out there to with my trailer.