PDA

View Full Version : Gear Stolen in Costa Mesa

baloneysandwich
06-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey guys I haven't posted in a while and apologize for the hum drum post. I wish it was filled with a report from a great trip, however I had some of my gear stolen from my garage last night. If anyone sees it up on Craigslist or in a pawn shop please send me a PM.

I had the following items stolen.

Teramar TMC80m with a Daiwa Saltist 20h. The rod had some extra cork tape wrapped to help beef up the handle where the reel clamps on which was wrapped in tennis racket wrap and some black tape.
The reel had 40 lb green power pro.

Daiwa Sealine 40shv on a ProSabre 8 ft MH 1/2-1 1/2 oz rod, this is the cheapies you'll find at Big5 with the blue Reel seat and gold and blue wraps.
The reel had 65 lb red power pro.

Okuma Guide Select Big Bait Rod 7'11 MH with a Revo SX HS. This setup was damn near brand new and had only been on one trip catching a few Cuda's. The reel had 30 lb green power pro.

A Calstar 6480 The Black and Teel colored factory wrap. With a older Penn 4/0 white handle that had a Jvariance Narrow Spool kit, it still had the factory side plates. The reel had 65 lb Cajun Spectra on it with a 40lb topshot.

Also just a reminder to you fellow fisherman to leave stuff out of site out of mind, all gear was picked from my garage which I forgot to shut while taking my wife to the emergency room.

Again if anyone sees the gear around for sale let me know, and if anyone is selling a decent 25 lb set up let me know, I gotta get something so I can get back out on the water.

riverside_angler
06-20-2011, 12:29 PM
sorry about your loss, and I hope you wife is ok. I have saltwater gear that I purchased a few years back. I thought I was going to do it often, but it turns out that I like the freshwater stuff a little more. the stuff I have is either brand new, or i used it on 1 trip. let me know if you are interested.

daiwa sealine 40hv (used 1 time- 5 albies) $70 obo
shimano TLD star 20/40s (scratched but never seen water) $100 obo
Penn Int'l 965 (immaculate- used in a lake 1 time) $200 obo
okuma ts 50 II (2 speed) (silver-polished model) (brand new-in box) $200obo

Californian TM- CA-865xhc 6'6, 25-60lb $75obo

4g63power
06-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Damn that really sucks. I just spoke to a guy that got his gears stolen from the garage recently and he's in the middle of replacing them. I really hope you catch those scumbags and get your gears back.

fishtales
06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about your stolen gear. I'll keep my eye out. Craigslist, ebay, any other?

fishtales
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I've got a never used still with tags, Quantum 7'6", kayak rod, trigger handle, 12-25# test, 3/8 to 1 ounce jigs. $50

Jigmaster 500 $35 excellent condition.

STOPBUGGING
06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
That really suck im sorry to hear that...fyi just some info from prior incidents that either ive been a victim to or someone that i know has and thats why im convinced that what im about to relay to you is probably true...i think either one of your nieghbors took your stuff or someone that knew that you went to the hospital or probably mentioned it to someone shady took your stuff...this is why i believe that because if it was someone that was burglarizing homes they would have taken more than just just fishing stuff and also not unless there has been several other burgs around your nieghborhood then that should be another indicator that you were either targeted or someone knew you were out on a emergency...like i said this is only from my past experiences im not saying go point your fingers at a nieghbor you hate but it could be a start...stay safe

fish hard

baloneysandwich
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Yeah I'll keep looking hopefully the renters insurance will cover it. I've been watching the neighbors as like you say it's usually someone that has seen your garage, but I don't want to do any more to piss off the neighbors than I already do.

OC ANGLER
06-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Karma will catch up with the thief ! sucks man !

yoitsbruce
06-22-2011, 08:21 AM
if i win anything in my next tourney, its yours

baloneysandwich
06-26-2011, 09:29 AM
Just a quick update! Thanks to some outstanding citizens I was able to recover almost all of my gear, unfortunately my CalStar 6480 is still missing as well as a Daiwa 50h that I didn't realize was missing until later. Either way thanks everyone.

fishdo0do0
06-26-2011, 10:16 AM
hey thats great news! were they able to catch the crooks?

vortec_cruiser
06-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, this is like a good mystery novel, and you've left out the last page.

tacklejunkie
06-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Karma will catch up with the thief ! sucks man !
Unfortunately Karma can't run fast enough to catch up with all the bastards that deserve it.
I'm still waiting.