PDA

View Full Version : Great day at Lake Skinner on Saturday

jmyers1
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Weather was perfect, not crowded and very little wind.. if any. Caught 3 small Striper's and a small largemouth.... all on a rainbow trout rapala. My buddy caught a couple nice largemouths.. one a little over 6 lbs and the other over 4 lbs. But we were trying to catch the Large Stripers that are supposedly in there. We tried fishing the Dam area, but only saw largemouths.. no stripers.

* Can anyone give any advice on how or what to use to catch the larger striper's at Skinner?

wddiv
06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Weather was perfect, not crowded and very little wind.. if any. Caught 3 small Striper's and a small largemouth.... all on a rainbow trout rapala. My buddy caught a couple nice largemouths.. one a little over 6 lbs and the other over 4 lbs. But we were trying to catch the Large Stripers that are supposedly in there. We tried fishing the Dam area, but only saw largemouths.. no stripers.

* Can anyone give any advice on how or what to use to catch the larger striper's at Skinner?

we used to fish Skinner back in the day untill they banned are boat from there. never caught anything over 10lbs but always caught something decent. yur in the rite spot at the dam but try as close as possible to the Water Inlet (north end). we only fish Castaic Lake now and are biggest is 17.5lbs. Try Castaic if its not to far of a drive. Later

Sublime-Steve
06-20-2011, 04:49 PM
you need to use white colored lures, sub walkers,spooks,.. and cut bait down deep

jmyers1
06-20-2011, 07:05 PM
great info... thanks guys.!

caddyjack
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
there are plenty of monster stripers in there! i have caught them up to 18lbs and seen fish caught at 27lbs when trout are being stocked lunker punkers and hudds. When shad appear flukes, spoons and pearl swimbaits.

P.A.W.
06-21-2011, 09:09 PM
The inlet always has something going, but the big ones aren't always there. They will move around enough to really keep you guessing. This last year the southeast arm was really slow on the big guys where they are usually waiting for trout plants. Why? Heck if I know. I have cought some nice ones in the northeast end and along the southwest shore too.

kaiyasdad
06-21-2011, 09:17 PM
if you want to target large stripers at skinner you need to fish the morning after a trout plant up to a few days or so for your best shot. try along any of the main points or the orange bouy markers around ramp 2 area. this time of year you gotta hit the inlet and throw the big poppers and hope the big fish are there.