PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the Fish Cat 4 today

Socal Bassman
08-09-2007, 06:20 PM
I got bored and decided to go down to Sport Chalet. I was in there probably 5 minutes when I decided to pick up the Fish Cat 4 :banana:. Now I can't wait to take her out on her maiden voyage. Probably Perris tomorrow or saturday. Also got to meet Reckless M@ there. It was nice talking with ya.

Ronira
08-09-2007, 06:33 PM
Looking forward to the first tube report SoCal. If your around on the 18th look for my toon, I'd enjoy meeting you. Peace Ron

tacklejunkie
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Sweet! you're gonna love that tube. Nice and roomy, and quick on the water :thumb:
Now to try and stop yourself from adding to it.. :lol:
Hope to see you down there saturday!

Socal Bassman
08-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Been a long while since I've been on a tube so I'll see if I can remember how to maneuver in one again. I should be around the 18th, so yeah I'll be keeping an eye out for your toon.

Now to try and stop yourself from adding to it..

Hahaha... I already had to even before I bought it. I was thinking rod holders, fish finder, that nifty cooler that fits in the back, etc. But I think I'll take it out first, get used to it a little, then figure out what to modify from there.

Fisher-of-Men
08-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Been a long while since I've been on a tube so I'll see if I can remember how to maneuver in one again. I should be around the 18th, so yeah I'll be keeping an eye out for your toon.

Now to try and stop yourself from adding to it..

Hahaha... I already had to even before I bought it. I was thinking rod holders, fish finder, that nifty cooler that fits in the back, etc. But I think I'll take it out first, get used to it a little, then figure out what to modify from there.

Have you seen the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe model? It cost a little more; $ 199.00 I believe. It has more padding on the seat and the back cushion. The storage compartments are a little nicer and you can also load up to 300 lbs. I'm sure that's not hard to do. I weigh about 225 lbs. That only leaves 75 lbs for food, drinks, anchor, poles, accessories, etc.... The weight adds up quick.

Just something to think about before you get it out of the box and dirty.

Have fun!

Fisher-of-Men

matt duarte
08-10-2007, 07:09 AM
awsome! the fish cat 4 is a bad ***** tube I love mine! and I've only took it out once :lol: ! ill be at home depo today getting some more pvc to finish off the rod holders and some other stuff so I'm ready for saturday!

congrats on the buy!... we got another tube added to the tube crew!

Socal Bassman
08-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Have you seen the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe model? It cost a little more; $ 199.00 I believe. It has more padding on the seat and the back cushion. The storage compartments are a little nicer and you can also load up to 300 lbs. I'm sure that's not hard to do. I weigh about 225 lbs. That only leaves 75 lbs for food, drinks, anchor, poles, accessories, etc.... The weight adds up quick.

Yeah, I did check out the Deluxe model. But when I went in at Sport Chalet and saw this tube on sale for $129.99, my credit card came flying out of my wallet LOL. Damn impulse buying.

Hey matt, check out what I found while doing a search about trolling motors.

http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/merch ... de=flyshop (http://www.fishwest.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BW06FP1000BK&Category_Code=bwsports&Store_Code=flyshop)

matt duarte
08-10-2007, 02:02 PM
im buying it! :lol: :lol: that thing is sweet! to bad the motor isnt included :cry: but im defently sneeking the credit card from my wife! :lol: :lol:

reckless_m@
08-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I got bored and decided to go down to Sport Chalet. I was in there probably 5 minutes when I decided to pick up the Fish Cat 4 :banana:. Now I can't wait to take her out on her maiden voyage. Probably Perris tomorrow or saturday. Also got to meet Reckless M@ there. It was nice talking with ya.

Congrats on the new fishcat Socal! Nice chattin with ya and sharing info. :D

GLOOMISBOY
08-15-2007, 10:52 PM

[quote]Now to try and stop yourself from adding to it..

Have fun!

Fisher-of-Men[/quote:0a46a]

hey fisher of man...the max lb limit on the delux is not 300 lbs....that only for the fat cat. the limit is 250 ;bs. just a heads up..

http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/catego ... item=FC4-D (http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=FC4-D)

GLOOMISBOY
08-15-2007, 10:54 PM

[quote]Now to try and stop yourself from adding to it..

Have fun!

Fisher-of-Men[/quote:4d38e]

the delux max weight id 250 lbs not 300 lbs that the fat cat....just a heads up....

http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/catego ... item=FC4-D (http://www.riverwire.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=FC4-D)

tacklejunkie
08-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Check it out Socal. Got some pics of my add ons.

The bag holds everything. Waders, tube, fins, seat foam, rod holder, outcast anchor, tackle, booties etc etc. You could probably just use a big duffle bag though I guess.

The cooler is cool, but could be replaced with a cheap igloo. The outcast one is "water resistant". It doesn't take on water unless you have a boat tow you at 10mph or more :lol: Another cool thing about it as you probably know already, is it was made to fit the fishcats.

The outcast anchor works great. Although I don't think bass fisherman are the anchoring type, but I could be wrong.

tacklejunkie
08-16-2007, 04:03 PM
And here is the anchor.
Last pic shows how I stow the line and spool when the anchor is in the water.

Socal Bassman
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Cool stuff there thanks. Didn't think that bag had the room to carry all that. I'll have to pick one up next time, but for now I have it hanging in the room.

How do those booties work for you. I saw the same exact ones at Sport Chalet, but held off on them. Then I picked up a pair of those Flats booties from BPS for $20. I'll let you all know how it works after this Saturday's outing.

tacklejunkie
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Sorry bro, would have replied sooner, but the FNN server was down or something. Couldn't get on all last night or this morning.

Those booties work great. No problems to speak of. Keep my feet blister free, and protect the waders when I'm walkin' around.
I did come accross a leak in my waders however, and returned them this morning to BPS.

I couldn't find any other pair that fit me. They were out of size large in just about every pair of waders there. I came home empty handed, and was so frustrated I didn't pick up my new reel either. I spent like 3 hours trying to find a pair of waders that fit for $200 or less. The Sol 'caster was sweet, but all the reels I wanted to compare it to were all jacked up and beat on from customers tearing them up! Bad bearings in the curado, broken handles on the castaic etc etc.

I ended up with a credit of $70 and didn't spend a penny in there (amazing, I know). I did meet Servant Joe down there though while browsing the reels :lol: