PDA

View Full Version : Point Loma Sportfishing

Davegonefishin
06-20-2011, 09:00 AM
For my son's high school graduation gift he wants to go on an overnight fishing trip. I have gone out of Point Loma in the past but not on an overnight trip. Any suggestions? We'll be going out on Thursday July 28th. Thanks in advance for your opinions!

murrieta angler
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Hey Dave,
If I were you, I would start checking the reports about a week before hand and then make your decision then.
I personally like the Legend out of Seaforth. Good Captain and crew.
Hopefully there will be some tuna closer to S.D. or the YT's will be going off by then.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

Davegonefishin
06-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Robert,

Thanks for your advise. I'll be keeping a closer look at the reports! Thanks!!

Dave

Liteweight
06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Hey Dave,
If I were you, I would start checking the reports about a week before hand and then make your decision then.
Hopefully there will be some tuna closer to S.D. or the YT's will be going off by then.
Good Luck,
Robert
<><

X2. Knew Shaun when he was a deckhand on "the Special" out of Redondo many years ago. Very passionate about his fishing. Has an excellent crew and track record, among the best in SD.
My second choice and favorite until Shaun bought his boat was the Prowler out of Fisherman's. Introduced by many of the deckhands and skippers in the L.A. area. For the many years I rode with him, he would go as far as he needed to catch fish (he also has a knack for finding them when no one else can).
Just my opinion.
LW

UPDATE: Just recieved a Sat phone call from a friend out on a "crew trip". Their boat got a call from a multi-day returning from Cedros. Spots of Bluefin as close as 120-140 miles south of SD. Commercials after bigger schools around the 200-240 mile south. Albies done vanishing act for now. Last seen a couple days ago.
Won't be long now!!!!!
Just thought I'd pass this info along to my FNN friends.
LW

Davegonefishin
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Liteweight,
Thanks for voicing your opinion. I'm always looking for those that have experienced time out on a boat. Thanks! and unfortunately the Legend isn't going out on the dates I'll be in S.D. I will check into the Prowler to see if it's available.

Dave

Hometown
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
yes the legend is a good boat great capt and plenty of free parking but i would do a 1 1/2 day you get to fish till dark
Hey Dave,
Good Luck,
Robert
<><