PDA

View Full Version : Sat at Quail Caught my first bass

BlkManFishin
06-20-2011, 07:39 AM
I was there all day trying to catch a catfish with no luck. When I decided to try these Banjo minnow lures i baught from a comercial. I saw what looked like a good spot for Bass (atleast thats what the bass spots look like on TV... I tell myself) so i work the lure just like the guy on the comercial and on the third cast, wham!!! I get hit hard I pull it in and what do you know my first Bass... Sorry no pics but I did have my little scale and it was 2lbs 5oz....

Kelster
06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Congratulations on your first. Now the hard part, catching your second and third lol

BlkManFishin
06-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Thanks ill def be fishing for Bass more now

TheAsianGuy
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Nice. That's a starter..and at Quail no less. That place is known to skunk everyone at least once.

Sublime-Steve
06-20-2011, 04:46 PM
Your in for it now man.... can u imagine a 5lber? Just you wait, keep fishin for bass and next thing u know ur addicted and loving it. I am :-)

tagg27
06-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Congrats on your first LMB. Steve is right you'll be on the jones for your next bass and before you know it the Largemouths have got ya. Aaahhh but there's nothing like it.

fish-o-haulic
06-20-2011, 08:23 PM
Nice. That's a starter..and at Quail no less. That place is known to skunk everyone at least once.

Ive gotten skunked at quail once but normally catch something.

BigL
06-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Try floating a whole nightcrawler. It usually works for cats there

BlkManFishin
06-23-2011, 05:18 PM
man..... I tried chicken liver and nightcrawlers and no catfish... I tried for hours and it would have been a skunk day if I had not decided to try those lures out.

TheAsianGuy
06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
man..... I tried chicken liver and nightcrawlers and no catfish... I tried for hours and it would have been a skunk day if I had not decided to try those lures out.

That's why a good angler never ever go fishing with just two types of baits. You bring your freaking refrigerator and the whole garage of lures with you. You never know what you have to resort to in hunting those fishes :Fishing Catch:

BlkManFishin
06-25-2011, 08:40 AM
You are so right ive been cutting down what i carry with me when i go fishing but im sure glad I didnt leave those lures in the garage.. ive never caught anything in anyother lure.

HunterAndy
06-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Ive been to quail lake numerous times and have always got the skunk but I am determined!!!