PDA

View Full Version : There must be a reason I never see posts about Hansen Damn

Cartman
06-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I'll be visiting my son in Northridge and will either try Balboa or Hansen. I've never fished Hansen Damn. I guess they stock catfish there. Does anyone have experience catching panfish there?

HBAR
06-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Check with "snakeplissken" I watched him catch a couple, and both of us have caught bass, trout, and heck I even did a double hook up of catfish on a single hook figure that one out, it was funny as hell once we got them in. Yeah one of the catfish was dead and the other one was doing the fighting.

There is (or should I say there was) and 11lb bass that another buddy of mine caught from there, of course he let it go but if someone else caught it again I'm sure they kept it, don't see too many people who fish there practicing C&R.

I haven't done any fishing lately since knee surgery but I'm almost to the point where I can carry at least one rod and stuff some gear in a backpack, of course the chair has to go with me too, can't stand around very long LOL.

reservoir dog
06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Catfish would probably be your best bet right now. But like HBAR said, not too many there practice C&R which is why the DFG plants don't last very long. Don't waste your time at Balboa Lake if you're planning on eating any fish.

snakeplissken
06-20-2011, 05:49 PM
i've seen people taking home bass under a foot long. there are some panfish in there and hybrid redear , i think.i caught one on a micro jig. i was there on sunday and cast out a bluegill immitation swimbat by the waterfall just for kicks. a nice bass gabbed it by the tail and dove into the cattails. .that was that. i didn't set in time. but people are catching cats and i did see some carp swimming around before i left. there are small bass everywhere and i hope they get to reach full maturity.hopefully....so good luck.