PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 6/18/11

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-19-2011, 07:52 PM
I was there last night for the first time ever from 6pm-1130pm. tried midway between the marina and the flats. and then again by the fence to get into the flats on the east shore. SKUNNKED. all from shore using mackarel and shrimp. caught my first top water bass when i was BSing with the zara spook. but i was hoping to catch a cat or two. LOVE the lake nonethelesss. MUCH better than corona...i just need to figure out where the fish are :/

pho boy
06-19-2011, 08:12 PM
You really need a boat as the water is still cold to fish from shore . If you are fishing from shore wait till temp hit 90 for a couple of days, otherwise get a boat and hit the catfish trees. There a reason it call catfish trees. Hope that helps.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-19-2011, 09:05 PM
You really need a boat as the water is still cold to fish from shore . If you are fishing from shore wait till temp hit 90 for a couple of days, otherwise get a boat and hit the catfish trees. There a reason it call catfish trees. Hope that helps.

where are those? i might get out there in a tube...

Hometown
06-19-2011, 09:09 PM
across the lake from trout island

where are those? i might get out there in a tube...

pho boy
06-19-2011, 09:46 PM
They have a map at irvine .also there a picture of a man and a boy on a boat and in the back ground u c a submerge tree in the water that catfish tree .if u click on irvine lake advertisement. I have not been to irvine yet this year . I have been fishing local park dfg have been stocking nice cats around 2. Lb and up a lot bigger then Santa Anna lake . I have to use pole holder now I lost a fishing pole to miss kitty already. Two week ago I hook a big one gave the pole to my 8 year old and he told me dad I think we got a shark he lost the fish because he could reel it in . Btw he reel in 4 lb before with no problem. Maybe u should try ur local fishing hole it's a lot easier then the big lake to catch cats and it's free . For me I have a better chance to limit out at my local park lake then fishing from shore at any pay lake.unless u get a boat

whopperstopper
06-19-2011, 10:03 PM
pho dat lat. dat reel good.. pho 54

gavin310
06-19-2011, 10:27 PM
you can get them from the shore. we got 5 last night. biggest was maybe 3.5 to 4 pounds. just gotta post up in a good spot and wait... and wait... and wait... some people don't get bit in an hour so they move. that's never worked for me at irvine.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-19-2011, 10:29 PM
They have a map at irvine .also there a picture of a man and a boy on a boat and in the back ground u c a submerge tree in the water that catfish tree .if u click on irvine lake advertisement. I have not been to irvine yet this year . I have been fishing local park dfg have been stocking nice cats around 2. Lb and up a lot bigger then Santa Anna lake . I have to use pole holder now I lost a fishing pole to miss kitty already. Two week ago I hook a big one gave the pole to my 8 year old and he told me dad I think we got a shark he lost the fish because he could reel it in . Btw he reel in 4 lb before with no problem. Maybe u should try ur local fishing hole it's a lot easier then the big lake to catch cats and it's free . For me I have a better chance to limit out at my local park lake then fishing from shore at any pay lake.unless u get a boat
pm sent!!

you can get them from the shore. we got 5 last night. biggest was maybe 3.5 to 4 pounds. just gotta post up in a good spot and wait... and wait... and wait... some people don't get bit in an hour so they move. that's never worked for me at irvine.

lol its finding the good spots thats the challege. i was there for 5.5 hrs. n only moved once

OC ANGLER
06-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Glad to see I wasnt the only one get skunnked this last weekend .. although i think i spent more time drinking and camping cause of friends and the old lady . Until the next round VINE !

el_chojin
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
I was there last Saturday night too. Apparently only 4 trout were caught the whole night according to the worker at the marina. I dont think I'll go back the same day when they have those boat races at the flats again. I still had a blast my first time night fishing on a lake.

Thisfool
06-24-2011, 11:23 PM
lol its finding the good spots thats the challege. i was there for 5.5 hrs. n only moved once

try further back in the flat near were the stream comes into the lake.

if you are going to be in a tube or rent a boat go to the back side of trout island and across the water you will see a hole bunch of trees that is not the other shore line those trees are awesome fishing. you will find blue gills crappie bass and the kitties.

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-24-2011, 11:38 PM
try further back in the flat near were the stream comes into the lake.

if you are going to be in a tube or rent a boat go to the back side of trout island and across the water you will see a hole bunch of trees that is not the other shore line those trees are awesome fishing. you will find blue gills crappie bass and the kitties.

awesome! i just picked up a tube today so ill def be heading there soon.