PDA

View Full Version : Jenks, Sat 06-18

phishin phool
06-18-2011, 07:38 PM
After himmin an hawin for a few years I finally took the tube to Jenks. I wish I didnt wait so long, what a beautiful place to fish. Had the pleasure of meeting Kelster on the water and enjoyed cruizin around with him all morning. Fished from 6-11 and the fishin was great!! :Dancing Banana:, I'm not a fish counter, so I'll just say it was really good and fun!! (lost count) All fish were typical stockers but alot of fun and caught on red, orange and chartreuse power worms with red gettin the nod as most productive. Kept only the deep hooked ones. East end was better than west (pier) end. At $5 to fish, beautiful scenery and great fishin this place is a jewel.
caught a few bass too(see pic) Peace.

christainmetalhead909
06-18-2011, 09:40 PM
sweet report man, i gotta get up there one of these days with the tube. the problem is my friends wanna go but they have no tube haha

RiversideTrout77
06-18-2011, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the report. Jenks is a great little lake.

fish4life
06-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Nice fishing report! Jenks lake is one of my personal favorite lakes it never disappoints with a great scenery and stable fishing = great times. Were all the trout you caught near the bottom? Btw anyone know if they are stocking jenks lake and Big bear?

Kelster
06-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the tips and the worms. You left at the right time, a bunch of kids were on double kayaks splashing around and the bite was gone. I caught another trout and a couple of dink bass after you left. It was a good day fishing and meeting new people, hope to fish w/ you again in the near future.

phishin phool
06-19-2011, 07:05 AM
christian- thx, yeah I know you would dig it!
RT77- thx bro, maybe see at gvl again soon.
fish for life-yeah I'm really diggin it too, alot of fun!! Trout were just above bottom, sonar showed them about 1-3feet above bottom, but early they were higher. They will probably stock Jenks again next week. check here http://www.dfg.ca.gov/fish/hatcheries/fishplanting/inlanddeserts.asp
KelsterYour welcome, had a good time fishin w/ya, It was gettin crowded quick!! PM sent.
Peace

Steelheadpimp
06-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Glad to see you guys had a great day out there as well! looks like it was the right weekend to hit Jenks!