PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Hit the Road to the Vine! 6-17-11 (Report)

TaperSteve
06-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I originally planned on arriving at the Vine around 4pm to fish for crappie 'til dark and then switch over to cats after the sun goes down. Well things didnt go as planned. When I went to start my van the starter gave out. After a quick run to Autozone and alittle work my van was up and running again and ready to hit the road for the Vine!

So after all that I arrived to the lake just after 8pm. After paying my fishing fee's and chatting it up with a few characters, I launched my boat and was setting anchor at one of my "secret" catfish spots.

Today I was using fresh cut mackeral soaked in "Bite-On Cajun!".

Not 10 minutes after setting anchor my clicker started sreaming and I set the hook and landed my 1st catfish of the day. The action didn't stop after that. 3 hours later (11:30pm) I called it a night when Jerry was chasing everyone off the lake.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/6-17-11/DSCF0012.jpg

Final Count
4 Catfish (2-4lbs)
2 farmed fish
1 fish unbuttoned
half a dozen or more short bites

Non-stopped action for 3 hours and 1 fish away from my limit with many lost opportunities!

This summer is off to a great start! Fishing is outstanding as always and I can't wait to get out on the water again soon. Hopefully i'll see ya'll out on the water at my favorite lake the Vine this summer for some good times and great fishing!

:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TaperSteve

See Chris Fish
06-19-2011, 09:42 AM
Sorry to hear about the van.
Didn't we discuss that noise one night at one of our parking lot BBQ?!?!?! LOL

Dang, dude!! One fish away from a limit in that short amount0 of time? Awesome!!

Hometown
06-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Another slay for steve good to see you on the water.peace till next time

Perris Bluegill Chaser
06-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Great job out there...hope i can fish with you one day.

Hitts0n
06-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Hhahahah man I missd like 30 fish that night.Well at least I know where the bigger units are at and not the stcoked catfish.Going back with 15 lb text next friday!:Cool:

troutdog
06-20-2011, 12:06 AM
WTG Steve, solid results in short order. Sorry about the van....get that pimp machine dailed in so we can slay!

TD

5150fishn
06-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Bummer about the starter bro! Looks like you got the Kitty's dialed in. 4 fish in short order. Nicely done!

atleasticaughtabuzz
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
I originally planned on arriving at the Vine around 4pm to fish for crappie 'til dark and then switch over to cats after the sun goes down. Well things didnt go as planned. When I went to start my van the starter gave out. After a quick run to Autozone and alittle work my van was up and running again and ready to hit the road for the Vine!

So after all that I arrived to the lake just after 8pm. After paying my fishing fee's and chatting it up with a few characters, I launched my boat and was setting anchor at one of my "secret" catfish spots.

Today I was using fresh cut mackeral soaked in "Bite-On Cajun!".

Not 10 minutes after setting anchor my clicker started sreaming and I set the hook and landed my 1st catfish of the day. The action didn't stop after that. 3 hours later (11:30pm) I called it a night when Jerry was chasing everyone off the lake.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/TaperSteve/6-17-11/DSCF0012.jpg

Final Count
4 Catfish (2-4lbs)
2 farmed fish
1 fish unbuttoned
half a dozen or more short bites

Non-stopped action for 3 hours and 1 fish away from my limit with many lost opportunities!

This summer is off to a great start! Fishing is outstanding as always and I can't wait to get out on the water again soon. Hopefully i'll see ya'll out on the water at my favorite lake the Vine this summer for some good times and great fishing!

:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TaperSteve

how heavy a line are you using?

Thisfool
06-21-2011, 10:53 PM
way to go steve you da man.

but really man stop making it look so easy cuz there rest of us are getting a lil jealous lol jk nice slayage brotha

OC ANGLER
06-22-2011, 02:18 AM
thats awesome ! great job !

Psych22
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
WTG out there, I just hope to do as good as you in that little of time.

TaperSteve
06-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Sorry to hear about the van.
Didn't we discuss that noise one night at one of our parking lot BBQ?!?!?! LOL

Dang, dude!! One fish away from a limit in that short amount0 of time? Awesome!!

Yeah i'm lucky it didn't go bad on me in line one of those mornings! When am I gonna see you out on the water at the Vine again? Your always welcome to join me anytime. I'm down to go any Friday or Saturday, just let me know when.

Another slay for steve good to see you on the water.peace till next time

Good seeing you out there again!

Great job out there...hope i can fish with you one day.

Come join us at one of the upcoming Team 57 get togethers. Theres always a spot open on somebodies boat and everyone is usually real accomidating. If theres a spot open on my boat your always welcome to join me!

Hhahahah man I missd like 30 fish that night.Well at least I know where the bigger units are at and not the stcoked catfish.Going back with 15 lb text next friday!:Cool:

I'll be out there again tomorrow afternoon/evening (Friday) too! You renting a boat?

WTG Steve, solid results in short order. Sorry about the van....get that pimp machine dailed in so we can slay!

The "Pimp Machine" is all dialed in! Im down to fish with ya anytime brotha just let me know when.

how heavy a line are you using?

20lb test Izorline mono

WTG out there, I just hope to do as good as you in that little of time.

Hope to see you out there this summer!

OC ANGLER, Thisfool, 5150fishn - Thanx for all the positive vibes/replies!

TS

See Chris Fish
06-24-2011, 02:08 PM
TaperSteve,
John and I will be there tomorrow (6/25). We're planning on getting there early and fishing all day, till closing time.
Are you going to be out there?
We're getting a campsite, so you are totally welcome.

Let me know.